I went to stay here with my wife for a couple of nights and were sorely disappointed.
The hotel itself is in the middle of an attractive golf course, but the buildings bear more resemblance to student halls of residence than a hotel. Most of the other guests where either there for the golf or an event on site, so beware that you will probably not feel that welcome unless you are in one of these categories.
On the first night we were unable to eat in the restaurant because they had overbooked themselves with events. The restaurant was actually empty but they were refusing to let anyone in. The "sports bar" is actually a now a function room and there is a dirty room that smells of beer that replaces it.
On the second night we went out for a friend's Wedding, but then couldn't sleep once we got back because of music from a function room below us.
Although good value for money, I would avoid this hotel at weekends as they obviously take on too many functions. Very disappointing.
Note that there is no Wi-Fi here.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Country Club Hotel Whitchurch
- Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Country Club Hotel
- Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel Country
- Macdonald Hill Valley Spa, Hotel & Golf Whitchurch, Shropshire
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Macdonald Hill Valley Spa, Hotel & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.