Just returned after spending 10 days in the resort, this is not 5 star more like . Room was o.k we stayed in block 16 and had good views of the sea and the quite pool so we had a laugh when watching people put their towels out very early in the morning these were mainly the Germans. Room said it had a fridge o.k we thought this was the safe at first its more like a cool box and when you opened it it was warm your drinks warmed up when you puy them in it!! We took our own kettle with us so we could have a HOT coffee! and a cup of tea in the mornings.Room was clean and towels were changed everyday we were one of the more lucky ones,shower was a challenge and the bathroom flooded every time.
Meals times in the Canteen this was something else!!! People just don't know how to queue and can be very rude,however staff were very good these were mostly Polish we never spoke to one person while we were their,food was ok but you get fed up with same thing all the time and it was always warm,we had some Greek food because they layed on a Greek buffet,we're having Porridge for breakfast in the end.We went out for 2 nights to San Carlos which was very nice overlooking the sea and it was HOT food and another night to The Balcony which had amazing views in which we watched the thunder storms. Owner was very nice and so were the steaks.
We went to the quite part of the beach in which we paid 5 euros for our beds and the sea was lovely however you still have problems with the wasps and I was stung by one but their is nothing you can do about this it's nature.
The little supermarket was very well run and had
cold water everyday and were very friendly and helpful.I had a really heavy cold while away and looked everywhere in village for some sort of medication but could not find any thing but the little supermarket came to the rescue they keep medicines under the counter you only have to ask.
Downside of holiday was to many Germans there and on the last day very bad thunder storms which were amazing !!!! We could not leave the room at all on Friday there is nothing to do if this happens.The other thing is you dont get a wrist band any one can walk into the resort and help themselves there were people on the gate but they never asked all you have to do is book into a b&b carry a blue towel and bingo you will have no trouble getting in I reckon.
All in all this is not 5 star I have stayed in better places in Greece which are and you can see the difference but it was a pleasant holiday .
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Sandy Beach Hotel Agios Georgios South
- Aquis Sandy Beach Hotel
- Palm Beach Corfu
- Hotel Aquis Sandy Beach
- Palm Beach Hotel Corfu
- Aquis Sandy Beach Resort Corfu/Agios Georgios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aquis Sandy Beach Resort acquired by Aquis Hotels and Resorts from the summer 2009 onwards. It is an extremely family friendly property, located on the sandy beach of St George South West, Corfu. Apartments will be refurbished in order to achieve the highest standards of hospitality and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel and Olotels so you can book your Aquis Sandy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.