We stayed 10 nights self catering in the Cordial Valle apartments.
Hotel is in an excellent location 5 minutes walk from the beach in Puerto Mogan.
We didn't spend a huge amount of time in the hotel, preferring to do a bit of exploring. However the room itself was amazing, huge inside with large bedroom, bathroom, kitchen dining area and a living room. The balcony area was nearly as big again with a table and 4 chairs along with 2 sun loungers. We opted for a sea view (we had room 539) and that seemed an especially good choice if seeking a sun tan in privacy - those apartments lower down looked to have smaller balconies and were much more shaded - some balconies faced public areas.
All the hotel staff were very friendly, happily chatting away in English and very encouraging if you tried responding in broken Spanish.
I think beds were due to be changed weekly and towels twice weekly but in reality the cleaners called far more often and were very chatty when they did.
The rooms and the hotel in general are immaculate.
We spent a few hours one day by the main pool which always had plenty of sunbeds free. Again, high standard and a good size.
We didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment, however had a few drinks at the snack bar which had 2 pool tables (1 euro a game) and a table tennis table. Good service, typical hotel bar pricing.
There's been a few comments about cockroaches, we saw 3 in the hotel in 10 days, never in the rooms or corridors which are clearly regularly treated with insecticide.
We arrived during a Heatwave with outside temps of up to 40 degrees - we knew there was no aircon beforehand and as stated elsewhere the fans are completely ineffective. We had no real problem - either sleeping with the balcony doors open or on the balcony. Once the temps dropped back to normal (mid to high 20s) it was totally fine. You get what you pay for - the room was still incredibly good value.
We had some slight concerns that Puerto Mogan itself may be too quiet with some reviews suggesting it shut at around 10 or 11. This is nonsense - we went in May which is effectively off season. You have a broad choice of restaurants and cafes which shut between 9 and midnight depending on how busy the day / restaurant is. After that there is a small alley with 3 or 4 late night bars (also serving food). We were certainly there until 1am some nights and the places showed no sign of closing.
Highly recommended to anyone considering a trip to Gran Canaria.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Valle Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Cordial Mogan Valle Puerto De
- Cordial Mogan Valle Hotel
- Cordial Mogan Valle Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Puerto de Mogán, a fishermen area known as “Little Venice” by its visitors, just a few metres from the beach and from the colourful fishing quay and the marina, all surrounded by the beautiful and exuberant Mogán Valley. 303 luxurious and broad apartments of one or two bedrooms covering a total surface of 35.000 squared metres with subtropical garden adjacent to Hotel Cordial Mogán Playa.All the apartments have a living-room with kitchenette (microwave, coffee-machine, fridge, toaster, kettle), safe (for rent), satellite TV, direct telephone, bathroom and furnished terrace with private shower. There are ceiling fans in living- and bedroom.Half board including buffet breakfast and dinner with the possibility of having lunch instead of dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Olotels, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Cordial Mogan Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.