We stayed at the Habitation Grand Anse for six nights in March 2012. We had one of the more basic apartments (sleeping four) which provided plenty of space. It was all very clean –but we baulked at paying 10 euros extra a day for maid service so had just one clean up in the middle of our stay. The furniture in the room is a bit sparse but we ended up spending most of the time outside – there is nowhere to sit down inside so if you watch TV you have to lie on the bed. The kitchenette was well equipped and everything was good quality – lack of a kettle and tumblers the main things we thought were missing . Bed linen and towels are good quality and bathroom was spacious and well lit. We didn’t find the bed very comfortable (foam mattress). There is air conditioning, but no fan – if you are in a downstairs apartment there wasn’t much night time breeze and there were security warnings about leaving doors open.
Negatives are the noise from the close proximity of other families – sometimes our neighbours were up at 6am and the children were pretty noisy. The air conditioning units for other apartments also generated a constant night-time hum. The tiled floors mean that you can hear furniture scraping upstairs or in any of the close by kitchens. Positives are that the hotel is a short walk from the fabulous Grand Anse beach (where parking can be a nightmare at weekends) and the gardens are lovely, wi-fi is free and hardly anyone uses the swimming pool so occasionally we had it to ourselves.
We did one big shop at Ed’s supermarket nearby and topped up from the Casino in the village. We found everything we needed and everyone was very helpful. There is a great walk from Deshaies to Grand Anse.
We didn't try the hotel's own restaurant - it was constantly fully booked!
- Also Known As:
- Habitation Grande Anse Hotel
- Habitation Grande Anse Deshaies
- Habitation Grande Anse Hotel Deshaies
- Habitation Grande Anse Guadeloupe/Deshaies
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Habitation Grande Anse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.