Arrived at the hotel by coach transfer, and the service was perfect from the very beginning. The resort is part of a complex of two resorts and a hotel. The facilities for all three are available to all guests, allowing access to five pools, restaurants, bars and facilities.
The rooms are spacious, comfortable and impeccably clean. The kitchen area is well designed and suitable for cooking anything. The room opened out onto a balcony with views over the pool and swim up bar. The room was cleaned and sheets changed daily, the service from the cleaning staff was friendly and discreet.
The Pefki Islands pool had a swim-up bar serving drinks and snacks at great prices. The pool outside the hotel was more adult-focussed, with new sun loungers and a quieter atmosphere. The beach was a two-minute walk within the complex as it has it's own steps to a quiet, almost private beach. The sand and water were impeccably clean and sun loungers / umbrellas were supplied with a small charge.
The hotel main restaurant is fantastic, the food / drinks / service were all beyond any expectations. There is a themed Greek Night serving authentic cuisine with entertainment, and an evening for the kids.
There is a shop within the complex, selling anything you could need for the self-catered apartments. Though slightly more pricey than at home, the prices were consistent with the town and not excessive considering the convenience.
The town of Pefkos is small but well packed with tourist shops, restaurants and bars. There are several groups operating scuba diving trips on the island, they can be found advertising in the hotel or around the town. This was the highlight of our holiday and I highly recommend - pre-book online as it's cheaper. There is also a couple of boats that make trips around the island, to other towns in the area. Ours made a stop along the way to swim in the ocean, another highlight of the trip.
Only negatives were nothing to do with the hotel:
- Transfer (booked through TravelRepublic and Transfers4U -- avoid both!) never turned up for the return journey and we had to get a taxi (cost never reimbursed). The hotel staff were extremely helpful though, despite how stressed we were at missing our flight.
- There is a water park on the island which advertises a free bus. We waited for this but it turned out that it was a single service that when it was full (which it was when it reached us) it left everyone behind. I contacted the company who said they will put on extra runs but don't know if this happened. Recommend you rent a car as there are several attractions across the island that are difficult to get to, involve high taxi costs or a hot bumpy bus ride
Sincerely recommend this hotel and will be returning very soon. Perfect for couples and families alike.
- Also Known As:
- Pefki Islands Hotel Pefkos
- Pefki Islands Hotel
- Pefki Islands Pefkos
- Pefki Islands Resort Pefkos, Rhodes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a world of Sun kissed days and deep blue Seas...Enjoy the fabled Greek hospitality...Welcome to our world...An unusually built hotel in 12000 m2, the Pefki Islands Resort looks like a miniature village. It is 104 studios and apartments are separated into little blocks doted around the central reception building. These apartments are all named after Greek islands. The resort also includes luscious gardens. Two expansive pools with swim-up bars, separate children swimming pools, billiards and game room and children’s playground. Appeals to those looking for a quiet retreat in a peaceful, friendly resort. Particular for couple and families with children. ... more less