Well, I booked this earlier this year and got a great deal for me and my daughter - then read back the reviews and was REALLY worried about what I'd done. I dont know if they have significantly upped their game or people just have ridiculous standards but we had a GREAT time. (and I am a picky person too).
Location - brilliant sea views, basic narrow but quite long beach and you do need shoes to go in sea, on a hill yes, but even I with a dodgy ankle made it to the beach easily - if in doubt request a room in the main hotel - but NOT rooms 30-39 as they are under the resturant and MEGA noisy especially at breakfast.
Room - small, functional, clean and did the job
Food - loads, fresh and available at what ever time you went during the meal times - yes its a buffet and yes there is repetition - but there is also a point of difference each day - my tip - dont pile your plate with the same thing each day or it WILL be boring - seek out the different mains - like you would in a normal resturant
Drinks - the mixers can be sweet - tip - ask for half mixer half soda and you will get something more like in the UK
Entertainment and facilities - lovely bar, bar balcony, terrace, lobby and pools all with brilliant sea views, beach bar great during the day and provides welcome shade. The animation team were great - 3 UK nationals, french and romanian chaps - watch out for Karbulas break dancing!!! and SAM - wow - what a funny guy - speaks a multitude of languages and as a result listening to him call BINGO is hilarious, just join in and go with the flow - you will have more fun than if you look down on it - its not the London Pallidum in front of the Queen - its a local hotel in Corfu!
All in all, we had a really great holiday - one final thing thats not about the hotel, our transfers were more than a bit chaotic - I'd splash out on a taxi each way 20-25€ to save the hour hassle we had each way.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Aeolos Beach Hotel Perama
- Sentido Aeolos Beach Hotel
- Aeolos Mareblue Hotel
- Hotel Aeolos Mareblue
- Aeolos Hotel Corfu
- Aeolos Orange Holiday Resort
- Mareblue Aeolos Beach Resort Corfu/Perama
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An all-inclusive resort that combines nature, culture, activities and a beach holiday all in one place. With its elevated position,it offers great views over the Ionian Sea, "value for money" accommodation in double or family rooms and a vast choice of food and beverage options. Its proximity to Corfu Old Town (UNESCO World Heritage Site) and Princess Sissi's Achillion Palace makes the resort an ideal base for exploring the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Olotels, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Mareblue Aeolos Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.