I spent 2 nights here in Apr 12.
The room was clean, spacious and comfortable, in a separate annex behind the pub, with its own front door facing into a court yard and was very quiet
The pub lounge was charming with a log burner and nice settee & chairs, good décor and has a lovely cosy atmosphere. The drinks, including the cask beers, are very reasonable in price compared with other hotels & inns I have stayed in recently.
The food did not disappoint on either night and was very tasty, enjoyable and, again, reasonably priced. It was clearly homemade and from conversations with the staff they source many of the ingredients locally. Breakfast was also very nice and ensured you were well fed for the day ahead.
I would definitely recommend this for an overnight stay whether it is for business, leisure, or as a stop-over on a long journey. It was excellent - a true breath of fresh air, with staff who were most friendly, helpful and clearly passionate about providing good service and quality at a reasonable price.
- Also Known As:
- Woolpack Country Hotel Dewsbury
- Woolpack Country Hotel
- West Yorkshire Country Inn
- Country Inn West Yorkshire
- Woolpack Country Inn Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Woolpack Country Inn has featured on the West Yorkshire landscape since the 1700’s. Still a traditional village Inn today, offering home cooked, locally sourced food in recently refurbished, cosy, surroundings. Our peaceful, village location is perfect for those wanting to get away from the stresses and strains of everyday living. With 10 en-suite bedrooms, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Woolpack Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.