We stayed here as part of our 2 week honeymoon through Italy and had booked the best of the best throughout the country. With that said, the hotel is breathtakingly beautiful and the guest rooms are exquisite. The spa is top of the line and truly the best we have ever been to in the world. The massages were excellent, the facilities impeccable and the staff so pleasant.
When we arrived in our room there was a bottle of champagne and rose petals everywhere and it was a wonderful start to our stay there. The problems began to arise when we called the concierge for help with dinner recommendations and they kept insisting that we go the Antinori restaurant which is a Michelin star restaurant, but was not our interest that night. We just wanted something laid back and casual and they kept insisting that this was the only place we should go and would not give us any other recommendations. They became very rude and unpleasant to deal with when I simply did not want to go eat there. I assumed that the hotel may have some sort of agreement with this restaurant which is why they were being so pushy.
The following night we had dinner at the hotel restaurant and once again the setting is absolutely spectacular. The food, however, was not good at all. We had ordered the chateaubriand for two and is fatty and rare inside, the sides though served beautifully in cooper pots had no flavor. The overall atmosphere of the restaurant was so uptight that we felt uncomfortable even talking to eachother. When we took a hot air balloon ride the next day and discussed our experiences with the locals they stated that they had heard similar complaints about the restaurant from other travelers and they actually gave us a good place to go eat at.
So, overall, the hotel is beautiful and the spa out of this world, but unless they change their chef not a good place to eat at all, especially not when you are spending $300 plus on a meal there and its Tuscany so you just want great food.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel Tavarnelle Val Di Pesa
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Castello Del Nero
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel & Spa Tavarnelle Val Di Pesa, Italy - Tuscany
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa, the perfect place for an Authentic Tuscan Experience where the best of local Food and Wine, high end Spa treatments and panoramic splendour awaits you in the middle of the Chianti Wine Region and its gorgeous vine yards and olive groves.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Castello del Nero Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.