This is our second visit to Turkey and have just returned from holidaying with my husband and 2 daughters (21 and 17). When we arrived we were exhausted from all the travelling and were not impressed that the safety deposit boxes, which we consider essential, were £25.00 (tooo expensive)! We had asked for rooms to be next to each other and with pool views - we had neither but were too tired to complain!
HOWEVER, the next day waking up to glorious sunshine none of that seemed to matter! The rooms were clean and functional with plenty of wardrobe space and a flat screen tv that actually worked (a surprise if you've been to Turkey before!), they were cleaned every day and we had fresh towels and clean sheets, we asked for more towels and pillows and the room maids were more than happy to oblige - nothing ever seems to be too much trouble for them.
The pool was always clean and the girls were impressed that they could always get a sunbed and there was a snack bar and drinks bar next to the pool so they were never moaning that they were hungry or thirsty. There was a games room and shops which were pretty much the same price as the local supermarket.
The bar staff were amazing, Rudyan deserves a special mention from us because he was always cheerful, friendly, smiling, efficient, remembered what drinks we had and was constantly ensuring that everybody had drinks and the tables were cleared - they all work really long hours and are still smiling at the end of a 12 hour shift!
The restaurant staff were very efficient, and pleasant; food was pretty much the same every day but was always freshly prepared and looked appetising. Breakfast was the usual cereal, fruit, eggs, cold meats and toast but don't expect it to look or taste like and english breakfast! Lunch and dinner had salads, meat dishes, chicken and always chips. The salads were good as was the kebab meat (not like an english kebab shop) and pancakes. The snack bar served burgers, chicken nuggets, chips, pasta and turkish pizza (a bit like pitta bread with a filling) and tea time was biscuits and cake but not the sort you would have in England. Overall there was plenty of food and you wouldn't go hungry. All inclusive drinks tended to be vodka, gin, lager and coke etc but just sit back and enjoy being waited on.
The entertainment was pretty naff but the young boy and man that organised it were full of such good humour and so enthusiatstic about everything they did you had to try to at least have a laugh!
Remember, you are on holiday in Turkey - it is not England and so 4 star will not mean the same, the food is not the same but the staff will always be happy to sort anything out for you and spend most of their time making sure you are having a good time.
If you go to the shops, you will be hassled the whole time to eat or buy - make something up (you've just eaten, you're going home) and they will leave you alone. We also found that the food and gifts were cheaper by the hotel than by the beach.
The beach is about a 20 minute walk, mainly because it is so hot, the sunbeds are 'free'' - you must buy a drink but usually one is enough.
All things considered the hotel staff make sure you have a good time and we certainly did and as long as you don't expect the same as an English Hotel you will have a great time.
- Also Known As:
- Club Armar Hotel Armutalan
- Armar Hotel Armutalan
- Hotel Armar
- Club Armar Hotel Turkey/Armutalan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Armar Hotel is Located in the heart of Marmaris, close to city center and seaside . The hotel features 151 standart rooms, 6 suits and 53 family rooms and a handicapped accessible room. Club Armar Hotel has 1 indoor pool, 1 outdoor swimming pool and a water park with 3 slides. Marmaris is located where the Aegean Sea and the Mediterranean Sea join you will find a large natural harbour surrounded by pine-clad hills and forests. This is Marmaris, often referred to as the Jewel of the Turkish Riviera. Club Armar Hotel also offers you other options for sports or active enjoyment. Scuba diving course, deep sea photograph course, fishing tour, tennis club, sailing lessons from a nearby marina – the opportunities are endless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelBookers and Priceline so you can book your Club Armar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.