This review is long overdue. We have visited Anguilla 10 times in 6 years.
Before Viceroy opened we went to the other 5 stars hotels. Meanwhile we had 3 children.
We never been happy about the services provided in the resots to our children but we love so much the beauty of the island that we kept going back. Finally the Viceroy opened and guess what? they have an amazing kid' s club, 10 to 5, free of charge, finally. Actually the only one on the island.
Although I can say that generally the service at the hotel can be improved (still much better than the other places), I have no doubt that the reason we wil be back again is because our 3 children loved spending time with us at the beach and then be free to play at the club.
It worked for our family because the staff is motivated, happy and energetic,
the space is modern, beautiful and colourful, new books and dvds, wooden toys, muppet shows and very clean (great if you are escaping from winter colds). Plus the manager is an English sweet and experienced teacher that will accomodate your family as best as she can giving you tips for sailing and swimming classes. We are not interested in dangerous horseback ridings or chocolates but about safety, fun and learning. My children were even able to do their summer homework while at the club while we could rest at the adult s swimming pool!
We visited many destinations with our family but I can be sure we never had this quality of care for our 3 children. Some places would have evening movies but none was there to actually supervise the children or order their dinner and make sure they were safely back in their room.
About the food, breakfast was perfect, lunch at the beach restaurant had a kid s menu with fish and meat and some evenings we requested beforehand a special meal when we runned out of ideas. in the whole it worked very well for us and we will be back to enjoy the beach and the sun.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Anguilla Hotel West End
- Viceroy Anguilla Hotel
- Viceroy Anguilla West End Village
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 35 lush acres, with more than 3,200 feet of beach frontage along both Barnes and Meads Bays, Viceroy Anguilla evokes a relaxed yet polished Caribbean sensibility. The 166 superbly designed accommodations at the luxury hotel in Anguilla include private oceanfront villas, beachfront suites, and blufftop guestrooms, many with private pools.Throughout the Anguillan resort, modern architectural forms interplay with the natural environment, while sophisticated, contemporary interiors by designer Kelly Wearstler add rich textural contrast. The resort's signature restaurant, Cobà, offers dining with exquisite views of Barnes Bay and Meads Bay, and the dramatic bay-view Sunset Lounge and cliffside Half Shell beach bar and restaurant add to the culinary offerings at this stunning luxury Caribbean resort. Two white sand beaches, our glimmering Sunset Pool, an array of water sports, a spa and fitness center, and programs for children and families add to Viceroy's rarefied experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Jetsetter, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Viceroy Anguilla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.