This was our first visit to St. Lucia and we weren't disappointed. We stayed in late February/early March with our two of our kids (late teen/early twenties) and the appartment was perfect for all our needs. Very spacious, comfortable and clean. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, although we probably aren't the most demanding guests. The quiet setting and view are beautiful, with only the comings and goings of super yachts to change your vista - we loved it all. We enjoyed a few meals at the Hurricane Hole including the weekly BBQ and tried all of the other local restaurants, which are just a short walk or boat ride away. However, we did have a car which meant we could visit other parts of the island. Our highlights were scuba diving, quad biking in the rainforest, duty free shopping and sampling some great restaurants. Without the car we would have missed out on a lot of things and two weeks in Marigot Bay would have been much too long. As it was we had a great balance of relaxation and exploration. I was surprised at how quiet the hotel was, maybe it was the time of year we were staying. This possibly explained the lack of pilates and yoga classes, which were advertised but disappointingly unavailable when I asked . The only real drawback to this hotel is the awful beach, we weren't even sure if we were at the right place after taking a short boat ride. Not surprisingly we were the only people there and the loungers were pretty old and broken, we had a swim and headed back to the pool. Not what we expected in the Caribbean! Some of the other beaches to the north and south of Marigot more than made up for it but if you are travelling with young children and wanting to base yourself at a hotel with a beach, this is probably not for you. Apart from this, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Marigot Bay for a relaxing break.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery At Marigot Bay Hotel
- Discovery At Marigot Bay Hotel Marigot Bay
- Discovery Hotel Marigot Bay
- Discovery Marigot Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sanctuary of elegance and tranquility Discovery at Marigot Bay features spacious rooms, one, two, and three bedroom suites, penthouses, many with plunge pool. Three restaurants, four bars offer casual or exquisite dining. Lapli spa offers massage, beauty therapies and exercise classes. Two pools, on-site watersports shop, beauty shop, beach and shuttle, concierge. Marina village includes delicatessen, bakery, restaurants, bank, clothing store and duty free store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Capella Marigot Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.