We went for lunch on the 10th April and as it was our 30th Wedding Anniversary we wanted something a little bit special. We were not disappointed. We were given a very cheery welcome and shown to our seats in the restaurant. We had the best seats in the house looking out down the quay to the where the fishermen were landing their catches. Very atmospheric with the snow capped mountains in the background. Could it get any better. It was like being in a Scottish Tourist Board TV ad.
Well since it was a special day I had the Lobster thermidor and my other haldf had a steak (doesn't like fish). My lobster was simply best thing I had eaten a long time. Top marks!!! My wife was equally impresssed with quality and presentation of the food.
Overall I wouldn't hesitate it to recommend the restaurant to anyone. Quality does come with a price but sometimes you need to spend a little more to make it that bit special.
- Also Known As:
- The Pierhouse Hotel Seafood
- The Pierhouse Hotel Port Appin, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With breathtaking views to the islands of Lismore and Mull, our intimate twelve bedroom hotel, bar and renowned seafood restaurant has won a fast-growing reputation as one of Argyll's most idyllic and romantic destinations. We pride ourselves on the freshness & quality of our seafood and local meats, sourcing most of our food locally. We strive to offer our guests something different - a personal and relaxed family atmosphere, stunning location and deliciously fresh food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your The Pierhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.