We stayed in a Poolside Bungalow for 6 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the resort.
1) The resort is in a great location at the southern end of Chaweng Beach. The water down this end seems calmer and more suitable for swimming (the north end is busier and at low tide can be quite rocky and not so good). The beach restaurants and bars are only a 10 minute walk away and are easily accessible. We loved the location of Chaweng Cove Resotel as we weren't' kept up by the late night music of the other resort bars further down in the centre. Outside the front of the resort you also have banks, internet cafes, restaurants and shops very close by.
2) Our poolside bungalow room was great. We had a little verandah just 1m from the top level swimming pool and it was nice sitting out there in the mornings, afternoons, watching the pool, ocean view and atmosphere of the resort. The rooms was adequate and had everything that we needed.
3) All of the staff from the hotel (from reception to the gardeners) were really friendly and helpful. They seemed happy and were able to assist us whenever we had queries.
4) The breakfast each morning was good. The breakfast/restaurant room flows out onto a wonderful balcony that overlooks the ocean. The variety of the food was good and the restaurant at the resort at night was lovely. The prices of the restaurant were probably a bit more expensive then others we'd been too but the food was fresh and delicious.
5) Resort bar near the pool makes great fruit smoothies and cocktails all day long.
1) Not really a negative but if you are looking for a romantic peaceful stay, the resort seems very popular with families. The beachfront bungalows however were way up the front away from all of the other rooms so that would be the best room to book if you were wanted to escape from it all.
We loved the resort and would definitely come back to stay there next time.
Stayed in mid March 2012
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Cove Resotel Hotel
- Chaweng Cove Resotel Hotel Chaweng
- Cove Resotel Hotel Chaweng
- Cove Resotel Chaweng
- Chaweng Cove Beach Resort Koh Samui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic resort built in contemporary Thai architecture set directly on the beach front location of the vibrant Chaweng Beach, 10 minutes drive away distance from the airport within short walking distance to the nearby vibrant commercial area offering 100 cozily decorated guestrooms and classic charming bungalows for enjoyable tropical beach holiday experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HostelBookers and Tingo so you can book your Chaweng Cove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.