I have no other refrence in Maldives hotels then it's difficult to be totally fair in my judgment.
Addu Atoll is located in the deep south of the Archipelago. You must connect in Male and it takes one hour to fly. We arrived at 1am and left at 6:30am.The hotel is build on a 4 kms long island very narrow and you must love walking or cycling! On one side of the coast it's the Indian Ocean and it's impossible to swim. On the other side it's the attoll. The water is very nice with outstanding colours but, if the sand is beautiful, the part covered by water is not confortable,very rocky and painful. This is disappointing.
The rooms along the attoll are very nice, large and properly equipped. One may regret that the fridge is empty and ordering a drink is an adventure!
However the staff is friendly and try to do his best. The food is good albeit the choice is limited. Considering that the resort is very remote, can it be better?
The diving team is friendly and pro.
The fitness room is properly equipped.
The overall pricing is high but going to Maldives is not cheap!
All in. our stay was a pleasure and we will return. But not sure in this hotel which I would however recommend undoubtly.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Addu Maldives Hotel Addu Atoll
- Amari Addu Maldives Hotel
- Amari Addu Maldives Addu Atoll
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The tempos of a Maldivian paradise. Stroll along the longest stretch of shoreline in the Maldives and discover your own private sanctuary. Explore the island on bicycles amongst the shade of towering palm trees during the day and bask under a blanket of stars at night.Feel the excitement of an underwater dive amidst a world of ancient coral reefs. Relax in the quiet seclusion of your private villa surrounded by lush flora with a chorus of gentle surf in the background. Unwind and dine at one of three restaurants, relax with a cool cocktail at the poolside, and head to the beach for breathtaking sunsets in a collage of Maldivian colours. Cool off in the seaside swimming pool, stay in shape at the modern fitness centre, sail upon the turquoise lagoon waters, or simply relax at the spa. This is Amari Addu Maldives. ... more less