We travelled to Residence Du Parc from Paris CDG airport and had pre-booked a €75 euro taxi, split between 4 people we paid €20 each which is good for the long distance trip. (In the end we booked this taxi for the trip back to the airport as we were originally going to get the train but the prices were pretty much the same).
My friends and I went to this hotel on Sunday the 17th, we arrived late due to a late flight and were welcomed quite rudely by the staff on the desk.
The room we were given was on the second floor, the hallways are separated by swinging fire doors, so be careful when rushing through them.
Also, a hint. When you check in they will ask you to pay €1 per person per night, up front. My friends and I stayed 3 nights so we had to pay €3 each. Just a heads up.
The room itself was basic, the bathroom was modern and clean, the kitchen older but had a basic stove, fridge and microwave (no oven or kettle). Despite previous reviews we had read about this place we were pleasantly surprised, the room was spacious, we had a double bed and a sofa bed. There was a table, four chairs and vanity table. The pillows were stored in the wardrobe and we very limp and thin so we ended up stuffing our pillows with clothing. Even with the sofa bed, table and two suitcases there was still plenty of room to move about.
Residence Du Parc is around a 20 minute walk aware from the supermarket, but is complex to get to, so use the free wifi at the hotel to get the directions first.
The hotel is in close proximity to Disneyland Paris, and is possible to walk to! The hotel have a shuttle that runs there for €5 per room but this has to be booked from the desk 24 hours before you go to Disney, but we were unable to book this. Due to the weather we attempted to use the unreliable bus, which never turned up. So from the hotel to Disney it cost 4 of us 15 Euros. Which is barely anything compared to getting a bus in the rain. We ended up getting the bus back from Disney costing a mere €1.90.
The train station is close to Disneyland, but we used this station to travel to Paris, we bought a Zone 1-5 Mobilis pass, which ables you to get to and from Paris and also to travel around Paris when you get there. It costs €14 and is probably the most amazing thing I bought whilst I was there. It comes in very useful due to Paris being very spread about. Whilst we were in Paris we used the Les Cars Rouge Sightseeing bus, this is a hop on-hop off bus that takes you to the main attractions in Paris along with an audio explanation as you travel between each attraction. This bus stops to allow people to get off, buses run every 10 minutes so you simply jump onto the next one when your ready to leave. The bus is open top, perfect for sunny weather, but unfortunately not very useful in the torrential downpour. These buses get very cramped at peak times so beware. Latin Quarter is the best place to eat, it is located near Notre Dame and has set 3 course meals for less than €15. If you are intending to shop do so throughout the day, as the shops close relatively early.
Near Residence Du Parc/Disneyland there is a shopping centre, Val D' Europe. It is a huge shopping centre that requires at least 3 hours of your time. From the outside it looks tiny, but inside it is two floors of shops. There is also an outlet mall attached to it whereby the designer stores offer discounted items. These get very busy, especially Ralph Lauren and Jimmy Choo. The food court is made up of Chinese and French restaurants/café's and the same old-same old McDonalds.
I would recommend this hotel to people if they want a basic, self catering room. The distances to the train station and Disney is perfect. It is on the outskirts of a town but its near to the major things needed to make a holiday good.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Du Parc Montevrain Hotel Marne-La-Vallee
- Residence Du Parc Montevrain Hotel
- Residence Du Parc Montevrain Europe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near from Disneyland Resort Paris and Val d'Europe Shopping Centre, Residence du Parc is the best solution for your vacation needs. Both modern and welcoming in its architecture, the Residence du Parc is composed of 153 flats. Each one is offering great comfort and is entirely furnished, with a capacity of 1 to 5 persons. At your disposal : reception hall, breakfast room, outdoor pool, inside and outside car parks, fitness room, laundry and two conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Residence Du Parc Montevrain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.