I have to admit I was slightly sceptical about this resort based mainly on its size - I think 5 star experiences are difficult to get if you share hotel with 800 or more fellow travelers. But I was wrong! Although slightly inconvenient to get to (flight to Athens, flight to Kalamata, 45mins drive) I liked pretty much everything about this place. It is built like a Greek village (well, a modern Greek village let's say), with several buildings (none higher than 3 floors) spaced out over a large piece of land, overlooking the Agora marketplace (with shops etc) and the many pools and olive trees. The style is luxurious yet understated and eco / sustainable if you know what I mean. There is a huge sandy beach with all sorts of watersports to try if conditions are favourably (it was pretty windy while I was there - kitesurfing anyone?). To see something of Greece you would defnitely hire a car or a bicycle, both available at the resort. Food was excellent, service very nice and helpful.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino Hotel Messenia Region
- The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino Hotel
- The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino Greece/Peloponnese
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by old Messinian mansions, the resort’s low-rise villa clusters use natural stone and local design elements to create a motif in perfect harmony with virgin sandy beaches and the pristine hillside landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Tingo and Otel so you can book your The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.