The things that I liked most about this hotel were the design of the rooms and the lobby, huge terrace of our junior suite, and the views of beautiful Gerakas bay, which is our favorite beach and main reason why we keep coming back to Zante.
On the other hand, the best feature of the breakfast area, located on the second floor is again the view, as it is surprisingly plain with rather ugly chairs, compared to the other areas in the hotel. The breakfast was average, but I’d advise the owners to improve quality of coffee and beverages served , as they were of poor quality.
Also, the pool area is nice, but the water is not crystal clear, but somehow brownish , and I think the reason for this has something to do with water supplies, as you can notice the same thing while having a shower in the bathroom.
The staff, in general, although polite and trying to be helpful, seems as if they are amateurs and not trained professionally for their jobs. The rooms were cleaned properly, and towels changed every day, but they somehow lacked the fresh smell and white color, as if the detergent they are washed with is poor, or they simply do not use enough of it.
This hotel indeed is perfectly located if quiet and relaxed holiday and being close to best beaches is your priority, but it is not the best choice for those who wish to go to the town in the evening or are keen on nightlife.
I will certainly go back to Zante, but chances of choosing the same hotel are 50/50, and so are my impressions about it.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Gerakas Belvedere Luxury
- Hotel Gerakas Belvedere Luxury Vasilikos
- Hotel Gerakas Belvedere Luxury Suites Vasilikos, Zakynthos, Greece
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Belvedere boutique Hotel is the perfect place for a holiday, located amongst Cypress trees in the beautiful verdant area of Vassilikos; undoubtedly one of the prettiest places on Zakynthos. Vassilikos is a charming village still relatively untouched by tourism, with tavernas and bars set in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Built on the side of a small hill, it overlooks the green fields below and beyond the blue sea of Gerakas and Porto Roma bays; the two best beaches on the whole island - only a 5 minute walk away. The hotel is built with the utmost attention to detail. The main colors are white and blue mixed only with the green color of the surrounding trees, simplicity, style and high quality of materials used are found throughout this unique hotel. The hotel provides not only a relaxed and quiet atmosphere but also all modern facilities such as internet access, satellite TV, DVD player and air-conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Gerakas Belvedere Luxury Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.