Our stay at Mykonos Grand was nothing short of spectacular. The setting for a start is amazing with its own beach and fabulous pool with adjoining bar where you can have snacks, lunch, or dinner (don't miss out on trying the BBQ lunch with very tasty yiros.
We were there for a wedding with the reception at the Amphitheatre. Nothing short of magical is the only way to describe the evening as the sun set over the ocean. The staff were great and very accommodating.
The accommodation, although on the ex-y side ($$$), was beautiful. Our room was apparently one of the refurbished Sea View Rooms. I heard that the Standard rooms are not as nice, but I figure you get what you pay for. The staff overall were outstanding even though there was a definitely language barrier there...especially when we needed safety pins! Try and explain that to a greek maid!!
A spa and mini beauty salon is on site if you feel the need for pampering. There is also a shuttle going backwards and forwards all day to Mykonos Town, so as long as you don't miss the last shuttle and get caught up in the old Town trying to heist a cab, you'll be fine. The hotel is about 15 minutes drive from the old Town...Greek speed, that is....flat out around the corners!
Checkin and checkout was simple and trouble free. The Reception staff are particularly good with excellent English.
All in all, I would definitely stay here again for a 5* experience.
- Also Known As:
- Mykonos Grand Hotel And Resort
- Mykonos Grand Hotel Agios Ioannis
- Mykonos Grand Resort
- Mykonos Grand Hotel
- Mykonos Grand
- Grand Hotel Mykonos
- Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort Greece
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mykonos Grand is a unique resort on Mykonos, on one of the island’s most famous beaches Ayios Yiannis known for the glorious sunsets. The resort’s Cycladic architecture of cube shaped whitewashed buildings linked by pathways and terraces is combined with classic interior ambience. The hotel offers 100 bedrooms and suites including Superior rooms and luxurious Suites with private pools. The resort’s facilities include an outstanding spa, tennis and squash courts, an impressive stone-built amphitheatre for inspiring yoga sessions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Olotels, Otel, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.