Getting to the River House is a great relief! The driving conditions in Sri Lanka are not for the faint hearted so when we arrived it took a while to settle down and relax into the tranquil and laid back surroundings. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and the food was very, very good. One review mentions the lack of a chef/cold food - that certainly wasn't the case when we were there. We met the chef to compliment him on his cooking - the only downside is that the menu is quite limited, but I should imagine the chef would make you something special if requested. It's a 10 minute drive to the beach on a tuktuk and at the moment there are building works going on, but it didn't detract from the stunning scenery, fine sand and warm ocean.
- Also Known As:
- The River House Hotel
- The River House Hotel Balapitiya
- The River Hotel
- The River House Sri Lanka/Balapitiya
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amid seven acres of verdant land, The River House lies along the borders of the Madhu estuary in Balapitiya, Sri Lanka. This exclusive boutique hotel is 112 km from the airport and just a two-hour drive from Colombo. Lounge by the tree-lined pool and pavilion. Indulge in an Ayurvedic massage. Wander off to other attractions with our organised excursions. All the comforts one craves reside in the five (5) well-appointed suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your The River House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.