We booked a superior room and upon arrival we were upgraded to a suite - great start! I would recommend paying the extra for the suite, as it guarantees you a bigger room, large balcony, and a fantastic sea view.
The whole hotel had a nice relaxing vibe, the pool was lovely and dodging the rocks in the sea was actually quite fun! But, the main draw is most definitely the restaurant - the food was fantastic.
I would also recommend their dolphin trip. By 10am we'd swam with dolphins, snorkelled local reefs, walked around a little island, drank a few beers and ate a lobster lunch on the beach. Now that's what I call a perfect day!
As for the people moaning about the quality of the beach and the slow service - chill, you're on holiday in Mauritius. Mother nature created the beach and things in Mauritius happen at a much slower pace than Europe
- Also Known As:
- Les Sirandanes Riviere Noire
- The Bay Hotel Mauritius/Riviere Noire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the delights of a beachfront holiday and discover the mauritian rhythm of life. situated on the west coast, famous for its romantic sunsets and all-year round sunshine. the ambient harmony is ideal for those in search of authenticity & conviviality and the delicate & friendly welcome + the personalised service will make you feel at home. our perfect location will give you access to a large choice of activities and renowned mauritian cultural sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.