Winnipeg has a wide range of museums and attractions to be explored.
- Some say that visiting the Manitoba Museum is worth the trip to Winnipeg alone. With so much to explore, including loads of galleries, a replica of the 17th century sailing ship Nonsuch, and a planetarium, it is at least worth a visit.
- For those interested in flying, make sure to visit the Western Canada Aviation Museum .
- Winnipeg also has the Children’s Museum . This is a great place to bring the kids, as they will be entertained for hours with plenty of hands-on exhibits that are not only fun but also educational.
For a complete list of Winnipeg’s museums, visit Museums in the City .
Winnipeg also has plenty of landmarks and historical monuments that are worth exploring.
- The historic heart of Winnipeg is The Forks , where the Assiniboine River flows into the Red River. People have been meeting there for over 6,000 years.
- Fort Gibraltar recreates an early 19th century fur trading post of the type that dotted Western Canada for over a century.
- The provincial legislative building is an architectural gem. Stroll the spacious grounds to view it from all angles. Tours available inside - schedule varies by season.
Visit Landmarks for more information.