Interested in Belfast?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Belfast each week.
Northern Ireland is one of the most beautiful places in the world. There are very few places that compare to its beautiful shades of green along a coastline with ancient castles built amongst the cliffs. You can take a scenic train ride from Dublin if you want to spend a day or two of your vacation up north. However you get there…if you happen to be in Northern Ireland or more specifically Belfast, here are a couple of recommended to do’s.
1) Why not try one of the world famous Black Taxi Tours of Belfast. There are several companies who offer this very informative service, including Official Black Taxi Tours of Belfast, Belfast City Taxi Tours and others listed on the Belfast Official Tourism website.
2) Take a bus tour. There are local bus tours which drive you through the town so you can get a feel for the local culture and also give you a brief history of this complicated region.
3) Visit the local museum (The Ulster Museum) which offers botanical gardens as well as collections of art, archaeology, local history and much more. However this is closed till 2009 for major renovations - in the meantime you might like to visit the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum in Cultra just 15 minutes by train from Belfast.
4) Visit Giant’s Causeway. One of nature’s amazing creations it is often referred to as the 8th wonder of the world and is a natural collection of basalt stone columns that extend out into the sea. There is plenty of additional info on the web about this location. The views at this location are awe inspiring and so is the trip from Belfast to the Causeway.
5) Visit the Europa hotel. This famed hotel has been visited by many important people (Bill Clinton stayed there when he visited N. Ireland) and was also at a time the most bombed hotel in Europe.
Enjoy your stay!