The museums of Aquitaine come in three varieties; those museums associated with attractions which describe the history of the site, those museums which are historic homes giving visitors a glimpse in to the lives of those who have lived in the area, and those traditional museums which offer art and other exhibits to guests. These different museums are located all throughout Aquitaine and a tour of any of them will enhance a trip to the area. Some to see include:
- Asiatica Museum – Art Museum
- Baptistere St-Jean – The art museum of the famous historic site.
- Chateau Castelnaud – Historic home.
- Chateau de Monbazillac – Historic home.
- Chateau Fayrac – Historic home.
- Chateau Lafite – Historic home associated with winery.
- Chateau Margaux – Historic home associated with winery.
- Chateau Maucaillou – History home associated with winery.
- Chateau Mouton Rothschild – Historic home and art museum at winery.
- Collegiale St Vincent-Le Mas d'Agenais - Romanesque church with a Rembrandt painting.
- Lascaux II – The art museum associated with the famous caves.
- Musee Bonnat – Art museum
- Musee d’Art Contemporain CAPC – Art museum.
- Musee d’Orbigny Bernon – Art museum
- Musee de Perigord – History and art museum.
- Musee des Beaux-Arts – Local fine arts museum.
- Musee du Nouveau-Monde – History museum
- Musee National de Prehistorie – Natural history museum.
- Musee St. Croix – Art museum.
- Museum of Castel-Merle – Archaeological museum.
- Tour de la Chaine – History and martime museum.
Learn more about these and other museums and historic homes in the area at http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction...