Interested in Paris?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Paris each week.
For everyone asking how to get to your hotel from CDG - do you realize that for nearly every request, someone has to do this research to give you specific advice..? Wouldn't you like to know how to do this for yourself? Here are some tips - hope you find them useful.
1. know the hotel address and find it on a map ( http://www.mappy.com/ )
2. have a map of the Paris metro ready ( www.ratp.fr )
3. know the options:
- Taxi direct from CDG to hotel (fares: 40-60€, depending on traffic, etc)
Important! Taxi drivers might refuse to carry more than 3 passengers!
- Shuttles (fares: 18-22€ each person, one way, book in advance)
One of the best advantages is the fact that you don't pay extra for luggage and baby seats
- Roissybus, 8€ or so: DROP-OFF - rue Scribe, next to Opera Garnier area
- Air France coach: 12-13€ per person, one way 2 routes from CDG>>
Line 2= DROP-OFFS Porte Maillot, Arc de Triomphe
Line 4= DROP-OFFS Gare de Lyon, Gare Montparnasse
- RER train (Roissyrail) to several stations in Paris - 8€ or so, per person, one way:
Gare du Nord, Chatelet les Halles, St Michel, Luxembourg, Port Royal, Denfert-Rochereau
From the above stations for Roissybus, Shuttles, Air France coach and RER, there are Metro connections and taxi stands
Look at the Metro map - you need to trace the metro lines nearest your hotel to the above stations
For automated advice, go to www.ratp.fr and use the Itinerary planner:
- click on Station and enter "gare du nord, paris" or one of the other main stations listed above
- in the 2nd box enter your hotel address, ex. "123 rue bourdeaux, paris"
You will be presented with choices such as departure time, mode of transport,etc.
Then it will open a window with directions, travel time, and a map
The transport passes (Paris Visite and Carte Orange) *IF ZONE 5* also cover Roissybus or RER+Metro to hotel
If you take Roissybus or Air France coach, you can buy ticket from the driver
If you take a taxi, there will be a small extra charge (ex. 1€) for each bag