Travelers who are interested in finding out what there is to do at night in Aix-en-Provence do not need to look any further. The best hot spots of the area are:
- Cours Mirabeua Bakery is a twenty four bakery. This may not sound like an exciting way to spend the evening, but visitors stumbling out of the bars and looking for a late night snack might change their minds about that.
- La Rotonde is a combination café and bar which stays open until midnight each night and offers travelers a casual spot for enjoying a late evening drink.
- Le Cox is a dance club which is popular among the young adult crowd. It has a pricey cover but offers relatively inexpensive drinks and all-night dancing.
- Le Mistral is a dance club which emphasizes electronica and house music. This can get pricey, as there is almost always a cover charge which tends to be approximately $20. However, this is no more expensive than the covers at clubs in such world cities as London or Los Angeles and this is the Aix-en-Provence version of those clubs.
- Red Clover is a laidback drinking bar, pub style, which is enjoyed by a mellow crowd of tourists and locals.
- Scat Club is the local jazz club favored by a slightly older crowd. This is a late night spot with live music beginning around midnight most nights of the week.
- LOTRE is a fabulous outdoor restaurant with an amazing athmosphere. It is large with gardens,Bars with sofas and places to sit and watch also. A great buzz and not expensive. Look at their web site. Owned and created by 3 guys for last 18 months. Large parking or take a taxi. Do reserve.
- Le Castel, on Avenue Victor Hugo, is a swell night club on Avenue Victor Hugo with no cover charge. Themed nights, disco ball, pool table, bar - and an exciting atmosphere.
- HOTBRASS. It's a nightclub about 4km outside Aix. The disco is reasonably impressive but (on Saturday) goes from almost
empty at midnight to a very crowded dance floor an hour later. Entrance is on the expensive side (Eu 20), as are the drinks.
- PLACE DES CARDEURS - occasional live music, so you can eat and drink at one of the many (open air) restaurants in the square, and have free entertainment, and if you've drunk enough, get up for a dance. Great!