Interested in Barcelona?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Barcelona each week.
Purchasing tickets in advance saves time and (sometimes) money, but you may have to commit to a fixed time and date.
Barcelona Turisme is the official city website for tourism. Small discounts are available for tickets purchased in advance and online.http://www.barcelonaturisme.com/
Other ticket services include Ticketmaster and Telentrada.
ARQUEOTICKET: Skip the lines and save money if you plan to see the Museu d'Arqueologia de Catalunya, the Museu Barbier-Mueller d'Art Precolombi, the Museu Egipci, the Museu d'Historia de la Ciutat de Barcelona, and the Museu Maritim de Barcelona. Print the voucher at home and redeem your ticket at the first museum you visit.
Available online through Barcelona Turisme. Link here.
ARTICKET: Skip the lines and save money if you plan to see 3 or more of the participating museums. (MACBA, MNAC, Picasso, Miro, Antoni Tapies, CCCB). Print the voucher at home and redeem it at EITHER the Tourist Offices at Placa Catalunya / Placa Jaume I OR at the first museum you visit. 30 euros (as of February 2013).
Available at Barcelona Turisme for a small discount.
CAMP NOU TOUR (FC BARCELONA):
CASA BATLLO: This advance ticket is open-date and open-time. Purchase online and skip waiting in line!
Available at Barcelona Turisme (small discount).
CASA MILA (LA PEDRERA): This advance ticket is for specfic date and 1-hour window of admission.
FLAMENCO at El Tablao de Carmen, Poble Espanyol: By booking online you get free admission to the Poble Espanyol (Spanish Village).
MUSEU DE PICASSO: This is a timed ticket with a 1-hour window for admission. For example, if you purchase a ticket for 9-10 am, you can enter any time within that hour. Stay as long as you please. Tickets for senior citizens must be purchased at the museum office.
PALAU DE LA MUSICA CATALANA: Book in advance or go to the ticket office at the Palau. Guided tours in Spanish, Catalan and English available from 10 am - 3 pm daily. English tours are at 10, 11, 12, 1, 2 and 3 o' clock.
LA SAGRADA FAMILIA: This is a timed ticket with a 1-hour window for admission. If you purchase a ticket for 9-10 am, you can enter any time within that hour. Stay as long as you please.
Instructions on using Ticketmaster/Servicaixa:
1) Choose type of tickets: Basilica only, Basilica + Audioguide , Basilica + Guide (if English, only 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm), Basilica + Towers, Basilica + Audioguide + Towers, Basilica + Gaudi Museum in Parc Guell
2) Choose date on calendar, click on Buy Tickets
3) Input TOTAL NUMBER of tickets (eg 1 Adult, 1 Child)
4) Select time band
5) Input NUMBER OF SPECIAL PRICED TICKETS (Senior, Student, Child etc.)
6) The programme will automatically calculate the total price. If this correct, click on Continue and proceed with purchase.
7) AFTER PURCHASE, you will see a screen of DELIVERY OPTIONS. Choose the first entry, "PRINT AT HOME".
8) Ticketmaster/Servicaixa will inform you that you need Adobe software to print. If you are ready to print, click on the box.
FINDING A 'CAIXA' TERMINAL IN BARCELONA FOR PRINTING TICKETS:
On the Ticketmaster/ServiCaixa website, you'll notice the pop-up for ticket collection. If you click on "Find the closest ServiCaixa terminal", you'll need to navigate through a Spanish menu.
1) At the top of the page, you'll see "Localizador de cajeros".
2) Input the "Código postal" (postal code) for your hotel or apartment. Near Placa Catalunya, for example, it is 08001. Barcelona postal codes all start with "08...".
3) Choose "Venta de entradas" and the option of "Mucho mas".
4) Click on "Buscar cajero" and you should generate a list of Caixa terminals that allow the printing of tickets and that are nearest to your lodging.
5) If your postal code entry yields NO results, start again. This time, enter 'Barcelona' in the "Localidad", repeat Steps 3) and 4). This will generate a complete list of terminals in Barcelona that offer ticket sales and printing.