A large portion of the events and festivals which take place in Capri happen during the late summer months. However, all of the major annual holidays recognized worldwide bring a festive air to the area and there are a number of things going on throughout the year which visitors might want to catch during their travels. Events include:
- Easter celebrations are very popular in the area and may be enjoyed by locals as well as tourists.
- July is the month for celebrating the area’s patron saints with music and food.
- Independence Day celebrations including a large festival in nearby Anacapri to honor the town’s patron saint.
- Festival of San Costantino is the celebration of the patron saint of Capri, happening at the end of every July, usually on the 30th of the month.
- Folklore Festival takes place in the area the first week of August and includes music and dance
- Harvest festival is a ten day celebration of the area’s grape harvest.
- The international film festival in Capri draws filmmakers from all over the world.
- Christmas celebrations are enjoyed throughout the island.
More information about events is online at