The following books are recommended for Portugal travelers in general and may be useful for Cascais visitors:
- “A Concise History of Portugal” by David Birmingham which gives travelers insight in to the past of the area surrounding Cascais.
- “Culture Shock: Portugal” by Volker Poelzl
- “Fodor’s Portugal” by Fodor’s is a travel guide which provides some information about Cascais and is useful for visitors planning to spend time in other areas of Portugal as well.
- “Frommer’s Portugal” by Darwin Porter and Danforth Prince
- “Journey to Prtugal: In Pursuit of Portugal’s History and Culture” by Jose Saramago
- “Lonely Planet Portugal” by Abigail Hole and Charlotte Beech
- “Portugal 2006” by Rick Steves
- “Portugal: A Companion History” by Jose H. Saraiva
- “Portuguese Seaborne Empire” by Charles Ralph Boxer
- “Rough Guide to Portugal” by Jules Brown
- “The Portuguese Letters” by Maria Isabel Barreno is a fictional book which offers an easy-to-read look at life in the area.
- “The Portuguese: The Land and Its People” by Marion Kaplan is a comprehensive information guide to the area.
Recommended reading for nearby Lisbon may also be of interest to Cascais visitors.
More information is available at