Interested in Tanzania?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Tanzania each week.
A visa is required for entry into Tanzania for most people (see below). A ordinary visa (also known as a tourist visa) is used by tourists. This visa is issued at any Tanzanian embassy. It grants tourists/ visitors the authorization to enter the country through designated entry points on the border, through airports and harbour stations. However, a person coming from a country with no access to a Tanzanian embassy or where it is reasonably distant shall be issued a visa at the entry points in Tanzania.
1. A complete visa application form. A copy of the form is available on the web, at any Tanzanian embassy, or at any entry point into Tanzania.
2. Valid passport (at least 6 months before expiration). There must be at least one full blank visa page available for the Tanzania visa stamp.
3. Two passport size photograph recently taken. (old information)
4. Visa fee (see below).
5. Proof of departure such as a computer generated flight itinerary from the airline or a travel agency or copy of airline ticket.
6. Visa applications for minors under 18 years, should be accompanied with a notarized letter, jointly signed by parents or legal guardians approving the minor to travel.
US Citizens ONLY: Effective September 20, 2007 travel visa fees will be US$100.00.
Non-US Citizens: Visa fees are US$50.00 for single entry, and US$100.00 for double entry.
If you are not a tourist, for example a business traveler, contact any Tanzanian embassy for additional information.
No Visas is required for nationals of the following countries:
Botswana, Gambia, Ghana, Hong Kong, Kenya, Leshoto, Malawi, Malaysia, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.