Interested in San Salvador?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for San Salvador each week.
You may also be interested in these deals within ten kilometres of San Salvador:
If the smog of San Salvador is too much for you take a trip to the province of La Paz, which is home to some of the best beaches in El Salvador. Located to the south of San Salvador this region is on the Pacific Ocean, while the inland area is a lush green rain forest that seems almost like another world entirely.
Home to several small villages and town, La Paz was the home of Dr. Jose Simeon Villacorta who was known throughout the region as the “liberator of the slaves of Central America,” and it was here too that Anastasio Aquino, a descendent of the Pipil and Nanualcos tribes declared himself their “emperor” in 1833 during the first civil war of El Salvador. His army of several thousand soldiers lived for a short period in the caves of La Paz. The caves also are known for their pre-Colombia care writings.
The beaches of La Paz are about a 45-minute drive from San Salvador, and today La Paz is home to some of the finest resorts in the country. Various water sports, hiking, biking and even deep sea fishing are available in this region that has a laidback feeling, compared to the hustle and bustle of San Salvador.
ONE OR TWO DAY TOURS
El Salvador is a small country and you can visit differents places in one day and go back to San Salvador, keeping comfortable in the five stars hotels located in capital city.
You select differents one or two day tours to program your own trip.
There are some one or two days tours:
1) City tour and visiting Boqueron Park,
2) Visit Joya de Ceren & San Andres Ceremonial places
3) Cihutan & Suchitoto (you can stay one day in one of the Boutiques Hotels located there)
4) "Ruta de Las Flores" and visit to the coffe plantations
5) Volcanoes National Park, and Cerro Verde, climbing Santa Ana or Izalco Volcano
6) Jiquilisco Bay (2 days tour)
7) Playa El Espino, Bay la Chepona (2 days tour)
8) Ilobasco, San Sebastian, Cojutepeque
9) La Palma, San Ignacion, Miramundo & El Pital
10) El Imposible National Park
11) Montecristo National Park
12) Diving in Ilopango Lake & Volcano
13) Tazumal & Santa Ana City
14) Alegria Lagoon, a volcanic lagon in Usulutan
15) Chalatenango & Dulce Nombre de María
16) Biking from "Cordillera del Balsamo" to the sea.
17) Visit to Perkin in Morazan (2 days tour)
18) Surfing in "La punta", "El Zunsal", "La Paz" or "El Zonte"
19) Visit Costa del Sol
20) Visit "La Barra de Santiago"
To move forward is recomended to contact Tour Operators registered in CORSATUR, they know what places are good to be visited by tourist. Some sites to visit are: www.elsalvador.travel www.corsatur.gob.sv www.elsalvadorturismo.com.sv www.alfatravelguide.com