Interested in Sharm El Sheikh?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Sharm El Sheikh each week.
NIGHTLIFE / ENTERTAINMENT / ALF LEILA WA LEILA:
Most hotel entertainment is quite dire! They do make an effort on 24th & 31st December though, with Gala Dinners.LEGAL DRINKING AGE:- 18 for beer & 21 for wines & spirits, whether purchased / consumed on or off the premises. Many hotels & restaurants don’t seem to enforce this rule.
A few suggestions: NA’AMA BAY
*Most of the hotel beach bars along the prom have a Happy Hour during the day as well as 6-8pm & some have singers or entertainment like folklore shows, belly dancing, whirling dervishes some nights.
*Many bars have big screens for the sports, incl. Camel, Tavern, Underground Bar, Fifty Bar on the prom, in front of the Red Sea Dive School.
*SPACE, Next to Namma Heights Hotel, The Hugest Club & Best Sound in Sharm el shiekh (7000 People) Open every Friday (Terrace Fridays) , Wednesday, Monday. www.Spacesharm.com
*TGI’s turns into a club after midnight
*Pirates Bar at Hilton Fayrouz - diver bar, live music, bar snacks.
*Viva Beach – in front of the Red Sea Dive College, on the prom, has entertainment some nights, like a whirling dervish & music in the shisha pipe part next to it. Great menu too & TV screens. (own website)
* Fifty Bar - under the Sultana Restaurant, within the Red Sea Dive College Complex & part of the Viva Beach / Restaurant Group. Karaoke, darts, sports TV, food. (own website)
*Camel Bar - diver bar, live music on Thurs, big screen sports, food; His Majesty, the King of Bahrain St.*Camel Roof - chill out bar, DJ, shisha pipes, food
*Lido - another chill out bar
*Tavern – British style pub / bar, big screen sports, food, lively at the weekend; Karaoke on Wed & Sat eves. It has its own website.
*Underground Bar – under the Tavern / supermarket – Opens at 7am for an English breakfast & continues thru the day / eve.
*Little Buddha - turns into a club later, more expensive.
*Pacha - next door to Camel Bar, the international brand moved over from Ibiza, sponsored in Sharm by Ministry of Sound, regular guest DJs
*Karaoke – Bay View Hotel, King Abdullah Street , Na’ama Bay. Mon eves. 10pm. Tavern pub too.
* Viva Bar - Across from Camel Bar inside the Cataract Resort. Stays open the latest and plays a variety of music. Great bar with imported alcohol and decent prices.
* Montys Bar - Moved into a new location in 2011. They are now located across from the Duty Free in Naama Bay. Great bar with a great staff. One of the only bars in Naama to play constant hip/hop and R&B music. During the day they have numerous TVS with the matches on. Recently opened up the kitchen with decent priced food items to snack on while watching the match and enjoying a pint. Has their own website as well. Montys Bar
*Bowling Alley , Na’ama Bay – Opens at 7pm. It’s on Abdullah Street ; stand with your back to Hard Rock Café, look right & see the fork in the road. Take the left hand fork, past a perfume shop & Pioneer Property & go a little way up there; it’s on the right, past the Abdullah Supermarket.RAS UM SID AREA / HADABA
*“Fantasia”, (Alf Leila Wa Leila / 1001 Nights) in Ras Um Sid – live shows incl. English speaking nights (Saturdays); bit cheesy by UK standards but it’s nice to look round the place as there are shops & restaurants. http://www.pickalbatros.com/leilashar...
It’s cheaper if you just pay on the door, rather than book thru a rep / local vendor.
*There is also a big party in the rock on a Friday night as well that attracts about 4000 people (by 1001 Nights ) called Dolce Vita.
*T2 - relaxed local bar, big screen sports
*El Fanar – Beach party every Wed eve from 23.30hr., Latin American every Thursday eve.
*Phoenix Bar - chill out roof bar, movie nights, live music.
*There are beach parties at Terrazinna beach which is at Sharm El Maya next to Iberotel Palace. They have DJ's on the beach in the afternoon and the parties start at sunset until early hours, normally on Tues and Fri. There is normally live music and fire shows as well.
* St George’s Bar – Brit-style pub with TV sports screen; opo the Jasmine Shopping Centre.
* The Zone – Bar that turns into a nightclub
* La Strada – Area with shops/bars – there is entertainment here some nights, eg Fire shows, magic shows, folklore.
* Viva Bar Nabq - Not too much difference from the Viva Bar in Naama Bay. Great selection of drinks and decent prices. They are located upstairs above McDonalds and KFC. Very friendly staff with DJ and Karaoke most nights. Caters mainly to British tourists and is a nice chill bar. Gets somewhat busy around 11pm when the hotel bars tend to close down.
SOHO SQUARE – New complex near the Savoy hotel, near the airport, with bowling alley & Ice rink & Culture show. There is also the Queen Vic Pub (TV screens) & stage where bands perform, eg. Boney M, UB40. There is a nightclub & an Ice Bar. Soho Square has its own website.http://s481. http://s481.photobucket.com/albums/rr...