Interested in Kota Kinabalu?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Kota Kinabalu each week.
You may also be interested in these deals within ten kilometres of Kota Kinabalu:
Some tips for people going first time..
1. Try and stay in Shangri-la Rasa.. amazing place..
2. Island hopping.. Must do.. but if time is short, just go to Manukan island.. simply awesome experience of seeing so much marine life.. water as clear as glass.
3. Very Important- Carry local currency. Credit cards are not accepted on the islands.
4. Carry sun screen.
Try to visit at least 3 island in the Marine Park - each one is different and unique.
1) Start early. Try to reach the jetty before 9 am if plan to visit 3 islands. Visitors will need to leave the islands by 4 pm.
2) Take the boat at Jesselton Jetty - tickets can be bought at the ticket counters there.
3) There are the tour operators rep at each island so find them at the jetty and get the exact transfer time.
Typical schedule for 3 islands as follows:
Jetty to manukan - 9 am (trip takes about 15-20 min 1 way)
Manukan to Sapi - 11:30am
Sapi to Mamutik - 1:30pm
Mamutik to Jetty - 3:30pm
Of course, you can arrange the time with the tour operators.
4) There are basic facilities like toilet, shower, cafe at all the 3 islands above.
5) There are rental shops for snorkeling equipments etc - do not need to rent at the jetty.