Going to Pacific Grove is like stepping back into time. As you walk up and down Lighthouse Avenue, the main street of downtown, you will pass by beautiful Craftsman and Victorian style buildings. You feel a sense of relaxation due to the slower pace of the town and its residents.
If you are coming for a romantic getaway, Pacific Grove has a lot to offer. Here are the top picks for romantic activities in and around the town:
- Picnic at Lover's Point Park. Great views of the Monterey Bay and the Monterey city skyline.
- Dinner at the White House Restaurant -- an intimate, turn of the century Victorian with views of the city.
- Stop for an espresso and fresh baked goods at any number of bakeries/cafes along Lighthouse Avenue or Forest Avenue and enjoy people watching.
- Stay in a historic bed and breakfast like the Gosby House Inn (downtown) or Green Gables Inn (ocean front). Wake up and enjoy breakfast in bed and return in the evening to enjoy homemade cookies, wine and cheese.
- Take a walk along the scenic Bay Trail through Asilomar and end up on Asilomar Beach.
- Have your room decorated by local company Romantic Room Designs to turn your stay in to a true romantic getaway with rose petals, flowers, candlelight, chocolates.
- Rent an old fashioned Model-A Ford from Rent-A-Roadster and take the drive along Ocean View boulevard in Pacific Grove all the way out to 17-mile drive.
- Take a dance lesson at the 17th Avenue Dance Studio or join in on one of their dance parties.
- If you both enjoy golfing, there is nothing better than a relaxed game of golf at Pacific Grove Links. Enjoy views of the ocean and the deer that you will sometimes find relaxing on the greens!
If you are looking for a slower pace and quiet surroundings for your next romantic getaway, give Pacific Grove a chance.
Pacific Grove Chamber of Commerce
Green Gables Inn and Gosby House
Romantic Room Designs
Monterey County Convention & Visitors Bureau