Punta Gorda is a wonderful town located on the banks of the glistening Charlotte Harbor. It offers stunning natural beauty, combined with charming small town appeal.
There are many things to do when visiting Punta Gorda, from outdoor activities, wonderful dining and shopping, cultural events and more. Here are a few suggestions:
- Spend an afternoon at Fisherman's Village...a funky resort style waterfront mall, featuring trendy shops and boutiques, wonderful restaurants overlooking the waters of Charlotte Harbor, a full-service marina, entertainment, boat trips and more.
- Speaking of boat trips, visit KingFisher Fleets..located at the Fisherman's Village. You can go deep sea fishing, or go on specialized half day/full day cruises, or take the sunset cruise! If you are here during the holidays, don't miss the Christmas Canal Cruise..locals light up the waters with thousands of glittering holiday lights!
- Downtown dining...visit the River City Grill, Turtle Club or the new Zen Asian Bistro. All offer indoor and outdoor/terraced dining, great food and atmosphere.
- Visit Gilchrist Park on Thursday evenings...all of the local musicians gather for a free jam session. Bring a lawn chair, grab a waterfront seat, and sing along. Its great fun, filled with community spirit!
- The third Thursday of each month is a Gallery Walk. Stroll downtown as local merchants open their doors and offer free samples, wine and food, and entertainment. A great way to get in a little shopping, meet some locals, and enjoy local retail shops, dining establishments and art galleries. There is also a free trolley that will provide transportation.
- Punta Gorda has many wonderful murals on various buildings around town.
- More soon!