Tampa is a great Florida destination for family travel. It is less expensive than Orlando and Miami, has calm pristine Gulf Coast beaches nearby in Clearwater and St Petersburg/ St Pete Beach, and has lots to do for adults and for kids at all different ages.
Here is a list of some of some of the best (obvious and not so obvious) Tampa Area activities:
- Busch Gardens - great for teens, adults and thrill seekers
- Swimming with Manatees - just north of Tampa in Crystal River you can legally swim with wild manatees
- Florida Aquarium - one of the best in the world
- Powder white Gulf beaches - among the best beaches in the world
- Captain Memo's Pirate Cruise - this REAL pirate ship with kid-friendly pirate crew is a favorite of toddlers and small kids
- Canoeing the Hillsborough River - nature lovers will love being this close to turtles, egrets, gators and more
- Lowry Park Zoo - rated the #1 Family Zoo in America!
- Big Cat Rescue - off the beaten path
- Museum of Science and Industry
- Tampa Bay History Center
- Riding the Street Car
- Glazer Children's Museum
- Airheads Tampa-Indoor Trampoline Fun Center 5072 West Linebaugh Avenue Tampa, Florida 33624 813-247- 4323