Interested in Milford?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Milford each week.
1. Visit Grey Towers, the 19th century chateau that was the home of Gifford Pinchot. Recently reopened to the public after a $19 million restoration.
2. See the "bloody Lincoln flag" at the Pike County Historical Society's museum, The Columns. It is the flag used to cushion President Lincoln's head after he was shot and the blood stains are still visible. It is the most important and moving relic of a significant Lincoln collection at the museum.
3. Wander around Milford's Historic District (it comprises about 80% of the town) and enjoy the incredible architecture.
4. Tour the collection of Hudson River School paintings at the restored historic Hotel Fauchere.
5. Stop in at Fretta's Salumeria, where they make all their own sausages and fresh mozzarella every day. After 90 years in New York's LIttle Italy, they relocated recently to Milford.
6. Enjoy coffee at Nervous Nellie's cafe at the Old Lumberyard shops and tour the antique centers there.
7. Take the self-guided tour of the working Water Wheel at the Upper Mill, across the street from the Old Lumberyard Shops.
8. Hike the Raymondskill gorge and see the magnificent Raymondskill Falls, highest falls in Pennsylvania. For those who want less of a hiking experience, visit Dingman Falls to see two waterfalls while following a constructed wooden trail.
9. Bike the 35 mile McDade Trail through the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area (Milford is the north gate).
10. Visit the second floor of Forest Hall (formerly the Yale University Forestry School's summer location) and see the cavernous auditorium, now an upscale antique emporium.
11. Check out the art galleries, from fine craft to photography to contemporary painting and sculpture. "Art After Dark" every second Saturday of the month, with galleries open at night, wine and cheese.
12. Visit Milford Beach on the way into town from the bridge from NJ, a state park area on the Delaware River with boat launch and swimming.