Interested in Honolulu?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Honolulu each week.
Govindaji's is entirely vegetarian in Fort St. Mall downtown
Some restaurants with good vegetarian selections / vegetarian dining in Honolulu -
- Longhi's (Italian, Ala Moana Centre) – fantastic food and although only a few vegetarian items on the menu, the chef will make almost anything you ask for without hesitation. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Reached from inside the Ala Moana shopping centre - go to level 2 and walk outside to the car park (near Sears). A private elevator will take you up. Massive selection of wines.
- Ruffage Natural Foods Cafe (2443 Kuhio Ave) – great vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free options. Smoothies. They make "plane-friendly" deconstructed sandwiches that you can put together later so they don't get soggy. And the counter is in a little market where you can buy natural and organic food and beauty products. Try the taro burger.
- The Cheesecake Factory (opposite Macy’s, at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center) – a mind-boggling number of menu choices, very large portions. Lots of vegetarian meals and appetisers. Save some room for the deserts – probably the best in Honolulu! Gets very busy - after 6pm, wait times can get hefty.
- California Pizza Kitchen (2284 Kalakaua Ave) – quite a good vegetarian selection here - pizzas, pastas, etc.
- Arancinos (Italian – located at the side of the Waikiki Marriott Beach Resort) - some nice vegetarian dishes served here.
- Well-Bento (located on King Street near the UH campus) - vegetarian options include tempeh, tofu, "macrobiotic" mix of vegetables, et al., no sit-down, all take-away