This is our second stay at Chateau Gontrie. We were first accommodated in Le Magnolia 5 years ago then Le Relais on this holiday. There are 4 cottages available for rental. The owners Jean Louis and his Aussie wife Nola are beautiful people, welcoming and extremely knowledgeable of their region.
The accommodation is first rate with so many extras :
1. Staying on a vineyard
2. Walking distance to a lovely village
3. Easy drives to Creon 20 minutes (Market day is Wednesday), St Emilion 45 minutes (a must do is the Underground Tour which was particularly cooling on a particularly hot day).
4. Personal cache of Chateau Gontrie wines to enjoy (white and red!) and very reasonable prices - best place to wine taste without the risk of 'drink driving'.
5. The pool is refreshing in summer with deck chairs for the sun bathers.
6. Nola was very kind in allowing little nibbles of her herb garden which added to the many meals we prepared in our cottage from the... more