Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Have a long layover in El Salvador? Leave the airport and join us for a surf adventure! We will pick you up at the airport and bring you to the best surfing beaches in El Salvador. This layover trip will include a 3-hour surf lesson with a local, bilingual surf instructor and surfboard rental. All of our instructors are ISA and Red Cross certified with years of experience. This layover tour will give you a taste of what it's like to surf world-class waves in El Salvador.
- Round-trip transfer (SAL airport or San Salvador city hotel)
- Professional ISA- and Red Cross-certified surf instructor
- 3 hour surf lesson
- Surfboard rental
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Does not include any fees related to immigration or customs while at the airport
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Towels, sunscreen, bathing suit, flip-flops/beach shoes etc is not included. Please make sure you bring appropriate clothing for surfing, as well as a change of clothes.
- Souvenir photos (available for purchase)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Air/flight passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: flight number, arrival time and re-boarding time for airport drop off
- Airport pick-up and drop off is offered for this tour.
- Agreement to liability waiver required prior to tour commencement
- We will send you a liability waiver to complete which is required for the booking to be confirmed. No exceptions.
- Minimum age is 10 years. Passengers under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No previous experience required.
- Participants must know how to swim and be comfortable in the water
- It is recommended that you bring a swimsuit to change into, a towel, sunscreen and a change of clothes.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Mauricio is great! It was my sister and I's first time surfing and Mauricio was so patient and understanding. He took his time to make sure we were comfortable in the water. If your looking for someone who knows the area well, will accommodate to you level, and is awesome, then…
Date of experience: December 2019
We were 4 people including a 8 years old girl and it was an amazing experience, we enjoyed it alot. Mauricio was really professional, patient and kind. We had tons of fun. We were safe all the time and well guided.
Date of experience: July 2019
Good Value. Safe. Fun. Great Surfing! Mauricio could not have been a better guide. He ensured we were safe, got us awesome waves and is a great guy. Very professional yet easy going. I couldn't recommend him more! The accommodations he coordinated were basic and clean as…
Date of experience: May 2018
Mauricio is an absolutely top-notch surf coach and guide who really went out of his way to give me the best possible surfing experience in El Salvador. I contacted Surf and Trips El Salvador super last minute as I decided I wanted to explore additional breaks away from the…
Date of experience: March 2019
1 Helpful vote
We spent 8 days with Mauricio and Mia the owners of surf and trips El Salvador and had an amazing time! Half of the time was a private tour, half we shared with another couple, both were great. Everything was taken care of for us, from an airport pick up to organizing the…
Date of experience: December 2018
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Surf & Trips El Salvador
Surfing all the breaks
Mauricio is a legend. He was punctual, accomodating and I had a really great time. He made sure I always felt comfo…
Thumbs up for surfing
We had a fabulous experience with Mauricio and our surf instruction. Mauricio and Mia taught us on a beautiful bea…
Surf Trip El Salvador
Great surf experience with Mauricio Tevez. Even though the waves were big for some of the days, mauricio always mad…
Best day ever!
I was a little nervous about trying to surf but Mauricio was the best most helpful and considerate teacher. I felt …
Just... Great !
Just a great and amazing surfing expérience with Mauricio ! Friendly and patient ! Spot is amazing :))
- Duration: 5–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Languages Offered: English, Portuguese, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently Asked Questions about Surf Layover Trip in El Salvador
How much is Surf Layover Trip in El Salvador?
Surf Layover Trip in El Salvador price starts from £121.01. Discover and book Surf Layover Trip in El Salvador on Tripadvisor
What is the Surf Layover Trip in El Salvador cancellation policy?
Surf Layover Trip in El Salvador cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Surf Layover Trip in El Salvador on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Surf Layover Trip in El Salvador?
Surf Layover Trip in El Salvador is hosted by Surf & Trips El Salvador. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Surf & Trips El Salvador on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Surf Layover Trip in El Salvador on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Surf Layover Trip in El Salvador?
On average, this experience will take approximately 5h. Discover and book Surf Layover Trip in El Salvador on Tripadvisor