View all photos (5)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Vergina one of the most important archaeological discoveries of the 20th century in Greece. The site of the Royal Tombs under a modern roof hosts the main excavation, as well as an exhibition of the major finds from the burials. It is protected by UNESCO as world cultural heritage and comprises a unique discovery of an enormous universal impact.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1VerginaStop: 13 hours -We start our Vergina Private Tour with pickup from your acommodation. We take the ferry from Corfu and reach Igoumenitsa (trip duration 1.5 – 2 hours). Upon arrival we drive to Vergina. Vergina, a modern village, was the first capital of ancient kingdom of Macedonia, called Aigai. Vergina one of the most important archaeological discoveries of the 20th century in Greece. The site of the Royal Tombs under a modern roof hosts the main excavation, as well as an exhibition of the major finds from the burials. It is protected by UNESCO as world cultural heritage and comprises a unique discovery of an enormous universal impact. The exhibition’s shelter has the external form of the Great Tumulus, a man-made mound, while the underground building has been housing since November 1997 tombs and treasures found in them. This sheltered group includes three Macedonian tombs: the intact tomb of Philip II (II) with a hunting scene fresco painting. Intact is also the so-called Tomb of the Prince (III), which may belong to Alexander IV, grandson of Philip II and his son Alexander the Great and another ruined and plundered Macedonian tomb (IV) of the third BC century. The visitor will also see a plundered a cist family tomb (I), known as the “Tomb of Persephone”, with the incomparable fresco of the abduction of Persephone by Hades and a ruined building named “Heroon”, probably used for the worship of the dead royal members buried next door. After our visit to the archeological site and before our Vergina Private Tour comes to an end, we have free time in the village for shopping and lunch (not included in the price) At 15.30 drive back to Igoumenitsa to catch our ferry to Corfu.Read more
- Transport by luxury minibus
- Transfers from / to your hotel or closest available location
- Tickets for roundtrip ferry
- Visit Vergina archaeological site
- Any Private Expenses
- Professional guide – available upon request
- Entrance fees for Museum - 12 euro per person (April-October) - 6 euro per person (November - March)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: -ANY DESTINATION
Great variety of food and drink
We had a nice time on this tour. the guide was prompt and knowledgeable. The sites selected were all good quality f…
Knowledgable guide but could have given more information about where to meet tour operator. Old port Mykonos was no…
boat cruise, not sailing cruise
Unfortunately, the "sailing cruise" is only by a name. The skipper does not put sails on even in a good wind. We we…
Take sunscreen and water
This is fairly well organised although you do have to pay an extra 20 euros for a one way pick up ( along with ano…
A long day with best sights on land
We were picked up near our hotel at 6:45 am and returned to same location at 10:00 pm--a somewhat longer day than w…
Chryssi is well worth a visit, however the sand is comprised or lots of small pebbles. Some are quite sharp and can…
An amazing food and wine experience in Lisbon
I joined the food and wine tour after doing a morning walking tour with the same company (Inside Lisbon). I loved a…
- Duration: 13h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241