Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The Arty Footsteps Experience is a unique opportunity to walk, explore and draw in the Breamish Valley in Northumberland National Park. The idea behind the Experience, is to encourage the traveller to slow down and take some time to stand and stare at the landscape around them. By slowing down, you can use that time to observe in a way that an artist observes and the creativity naturally follows on. To help you draw, we provide the artist's materials you will need. To nourish you, we bring you a picnic, made up from local Northumberland produce. To nourish your soul, we share the beautiful Breamish Valley with you as we walk beside its river and explore the valley through which it flows. Jane, our artist and Patrick our guide will be with you for the whole Experience. Ingram Village Hall is our indoor base for the day if it is needed, a safe haven on a rainy day. Otherwise, the great outdoors will be our home, as you our guest walk, explore and draw on our Arty Footsteps Experience.
Ingram Cafe, Wardens Lodge 68, Ingram, Alnwick NE66 4LT, UK
Returns to original departure point
- A sketch pad, graphite and watercolour pencils, a pencil sharpener, an eraser and a cloth bag to put everything in.
- A picnic lunch made up of local Northumberland produce from the Ingram Valley Cafe.
- Tea and coffee will be available on arrival at Ingram Village Hall.
- Please bring a water bottle, ideally not a single use plastic bottle to take with you on your walk.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This was a fabulous day out in the National Park. Patrick is an excellent guide; personable and knowledgeable. I would definitely join another Footsteps walk. Great value! Highly recommended!
Date of experience: June 2016
Response from WalksNortthumberland, Owner at Arty Footsteps - part of the English National Park Experience Collection
Responded 10 Jul 2016
Hi Jane, thank you for your review, it's very much appreciated. The Northumberland National Park is a great place to go walking, it has great character and some amazing landscapes to explore and I'm pleased you enjoyed your walk with Footsteps.
Northumberland National Park was our first walk with this group. Patrick was very welcoming and put us at ease very quickly. He is very pleasant company and knowledgeable too. He pointed out many interesting features, birds, wildlife, plants etc. as we walked, without…
Date of experience: September 2014
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Footsteps - Walking the beauty of Northumberland
Pilgrims Way to Holy Island
A thoroughly enjoyable (if slightly wet Bank Holiday) walk across the Pilgrims Way to Holy Island. Patrick is a wel…
Two Contrasting and excellent walks
We did two of these. The walk across the sands to Lindisfarne and the walk up the Cheviot. Both were excellent. Pat…
Best day of the week
Our day walking across the sands to Holy Island was the best of our holiday. Patrick is an excellent guide, very kn…
Barefoot walk at low tide
Patrick led us on the Pilgrim's way to Lindisfarne. A wonderful experience, beautiful views, bird life, singing se…
A memorable and informative day with Patrick walking the Pilgrims Way. Can highly recommend Patrick certainly knows…
Pilgrims Way to Holy Island walk across the sand.
Patrick guided us smoothly along the Pilgrims Way to Holy Island and despite the wind and rain showers, we wouldn’t…
5 star walking experience
We did the walk to Lindisfarne at low tide. A wonderfull and peacefull trip from about 5 hours. Great scenery, and …
Magical walk along the Pilgrim way to Lindisfarne .
Patrick guided 5 of us along the 3 mile Pilgrim Way across to the Island, Lindisfarne. We were so lucky to have h…
Walk to and around Lindisfarne
We did the walk across the sands to Lindisfarne with Patrick. Truly a highlight of our holiday.... wading through…
Amazing walk to Holy Island
Patrick was an excellent guide! We walked the Pilgrim’s way to Holy Island was an amazing and breath taking walk! I…
Perfect Pilgrims Walk
What a Fantastic Day I had walking barefoot across the sands following the Pilgrims Way across to Holy Island. Acco…
I thought that this walk and experience was amazing. Our guide was very knowledgeable and extremely nice. We had a …
Lovely walk on Holy Island. Brilliant descriptions of the various flora and fauna on Lindisfarne - incredible orch…
This coastline is just stunning. Clean, views to die for, more ancient monuments and natural beauty than you can sh…
We all had a fantastic day, walking to, and back from Lindisfarne. Patrick, you made the day so special. Your knowl…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently Asked Questions about Arty Footsteps - part of the English National Park Experience Collection
- Arty Footsteps - part of the English National Park Experience Collection will start at 10:00 AM. Discover and book Arty Footsteps - part of the English National Park Experience Collection on Tripadvisor
- Arty Footsteps - part of the English National Park Experience Collection price starts from £157.74. Discover and book Arty Footsteps - part of the English National Park Experience Collection on Tripadvisor
- Arty Footsteps - part of the English National Park Experience Collection cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Arty Footsteps - part of the English National Park Experience Collection on Tripadvisor
- Arty Footsteps - part of the English National Park Experience Collection is hosted by Footsteps - Walking the beauty of Northumberland. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Footsteps - Walking the beauty of Northumberland on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Arty Footsteps - part of the English National Park Experience Collection on Tripadvisor