Discover the interior East Algarve, and the hills above Tavira! The Caldeirão mountains present astonishing landscapes, as well a wonderful natural, human and architectonic heritage.
The lovely Caldeirão Mountain is situated in the border with the Algarve and the Alentejo regions. The mountains present astonishing landscapes, as well a wonderful natural, human and architectonic heritage, housing a large number of diversified species of fauna and flora.
We'll take you to Cachopo , a picturesque mountain village, to see as some craftsmen work, and to visit the ethnographic museum in S. Brás de Alportel, with its exquisite traditional handicraft exhibit.
From the characteristic vegetation of the Caldeirão, see the sobreiro (Quercus suber) and medronheiro (Arbutus unedo).
The typical houses of the Caldeirão Mountain are built in stone blocks, painted in white with cane. Throughout the territory can be found several rural heritage of other times, like water mills, dams, windmills, barns, among other symbols of a rural lifestyle with ancestral origins.
In the neighbourhoods of the beautiful Guadiana Valley we will take you to visit the village of Alcoutim in the border with Spain.
Find secret places and special moments off the beaten path and discover the Algarve others do not know about!
• The tour is private with your personal driver/guide. There will be no other people joining the tour.
• To keep our tours private and comfortable we limit the groups with 7 people per guide.
• The tour is done by car/minivan. We use cars (up to 4 people) or minivans (5 - 7 people).
• During the tour we will make stops according to the itinerary.
• Tour duration can be shortened upon your request.
• We can also pick you up at diferent locations and hotels. Simply add to your booking an extra transfer.
• Our guides will be happy to help you to buy souvenirs during the tour. It is strictly prohibited for our guides to take any commission from the shops.