Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Toro Negro State ForestStop: 30 minutesPickup time is 8am at your hotel. After getting situated in your private vehicle, you will head west for about 30 minutes towards Manatí, where the central mountain town of Ciales is located. Once in Ciales, the road turns into a rural mountain road that winds through the central mountain region and into the Toro Negro Rainforest area. It will be about a 45 minute drive towards Jayuya and this road passes through the Tres Picachos National Forest, and Las Delicias Waterfall, were you´ll have the opportunity to bathe in the pure waters of this beautiful and magical mountain spring. Here, your guide will talk to you about the fauna and flora of this area and the explain the reasons why Puerto Rico can be considered a powerhouse in fresh water, with more than 4500 different springs, rivers and other fresh water bodies. You will spend about 30 minutes in the waterfall before continuing to Jayuya.Read more
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional Archaeologist guide
- Pickup and drop-off from San Juan Metropolitan Area
- Private tour
- Bottled water
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Dress code is casual. It is recommended to wear appropriate hiking attire/shoes.
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 2 more reviews on Viator
The tour was fantastic! Lots of fun stops and good conversation along the way! It felt like a very authentic experience...where we ate and what we saw. Javier was a knowledgeable and fun guide.
Date of experience: January 2020
First lets start with Javier, Man does this guy know his stuff. As we traveled through most of central Puerto Rico during the day we made various stops. The vehicle was clean and very enjoyable. Conversation and knowledge was first rate. Being able to see local beauty in a…
Date of experience: August 2019
Francisco is very knowledgeable and speaks impeccable English. The day was broken up nicely between driving and activities. it felt very good to get our of Old San Juan. The sites were unique, and Francisco provided historical and cultural insights. One of the reasons we (my…
Date of experience: December 2018
2 Helpful votes
Javier, owner and operator of Sojourn Tours, made me feel a bit like Indiana Jones - an explorer of a lost civilization. A trained archaeologist, there is no better guide to the lost world of the Taino people. I could probably write you a book about the colonial history of the…
Date of experience: March 2018
3 Helpful votes
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Sojourn Puerto Rico
Excellent day out.
We had a great time on the tour. Javier was very knowledgeable and very professional. He knows the whole island, th…
Wonderful opportunity to Learn
This tour offers a great opportunity to learn about the Native Taino culture and visit Puerto Rico’s inland beauty.…
This was a really fine tour. Javier was full of information about everything Puerto Rico. He gave us lessons in arc…
Outstanding Tour! Thanks, Javier!
If you're looking for a great tour, look no further. Javier is a super knowledgeable archaeologist and with a passi…
Awesome tour and wonderful guide!!
We cannot speak highly enough of this trip and Javier, our guide and the owner of Sojourn Travel. His knowledge not…
More than a Tour!
If you choose only one tour to about Puerto Rico, choose this one. Our guide, Javier, is an archaeologist with an …
Best tour guide ever!
Javier is a qenuine person and so likable. His knowledge about PR history and ecosystem was exactly what we needed.…
Worth every penny!
This was a magical tour of the island of Puerto Rico. Our tour guide gave us in depth knowledge and history of the …
What an unique experience
My wife and I booked the Taino tour to learn about the island's history and its indigenous population. Javier, our…
A Truly Fantastic Celebration of Taino History!
This tour was fantastic! I wanted to learn more about the pre-colonial history of Puerto Rico, specifically the Tai…
Excellent tour guide! water fall, petraglyphs, bat caves, arecibo radio telescope!
Francisco (Javier)) was fantastic. We booked him for the water fall, rain fores hike and to check out the 500-800 y…
This tour was amazing and customized for our group thru the rainforest, waterfall and window cave. It was educatio…
SACRED RAINFOREST & ARCHAEOLOGICAL EXPERIENCE
We signed up for the SACRED RAINFOREST & ARCHAEOLOGICAL EXPERIENCE. Javier told us that his wife, Alegna, was goin…
Astronomy and Archeology: Arecibo and Caguana Indigenous Ceremonial Park
Javier was extremely knowledgeable about Puerto Rico's people and history. We learned more about the Taíno, the ind…
Great day out
An absolutely fantastic activity and would definitely recommend. In a smallish group you are bused to the other sid…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Nature and Wildlife
Popular: Booked by 3,308 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Full Day Archaeological and Rainforest Tour in San Juan
- Private Full Day Archaeological and Rainforest Tour in San Juan will start at 8:45 AM. Discover and book Private Full Day Archaeological and Rainforest Tour in San Juan on Tripadvisor
- Private Full Day Archaeological and Rainforest Tour in San Juan price starts from £130.56. Discover and book Private Full Day Archaeological and Rainforest Tour in San Juan on Tripadvisor
- Private Full Day Archaeological and Rainforest Tour in San Juan cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Full Day Archaeological and Rainforest Tour in San Juan on Tripadvisor
- Private Full Day Archaeological and Rainforest Tour in San Juan is hosted by Sojourn Puerto Rico. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Sojourn Puerto Rico on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Full Day Archaeological and Rainforest Tour in San Juan on Tripadvisor