We had an amazing tour with David. He was knowledgeable, very interesting and the information he gave has now made me search out a book which he kindly showed to us. He ensured at all times that our small group were together and the whole...More
Beginning at one of the oldest stations on the network - Baker Street - take a chronological journey from the origins of the Tube. See the subterannean railway transform from a mocked pipe-dream to a ground-breaking feat of enginerrin. Our guide will trace its evolution to the futuristic extensions of today where we finish at Westminster Station.
- Visit one of the oldest platforms on the Underground
- Comprehend the two different ways of constructing underground lines
- Meet the infamous American who revolutionised the network
- Journey through four phases of station architecture
- Catch a glimpse of a ghost station where you never thought to look!
In a small group, over two hours discover the history of the London Underground - this is a tour loved by visitors and Londoners alike!