Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll start atRoman ColumnOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1York City WallsStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 2York MinsterStop: 15 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 3St. Mary's AbbeyStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 4Barley HallStop: 15 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 5ShamblesStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 6Jorvik Viking CentreStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 7Clifford's TowerStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 8York Castle MuseumStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- You'll end atRoman Column11 Minster Yard, York YO1 7HH, UKOutside York Minster near the entrance to the gift shop is the Roman Column. Its easy to find and right in the centre of town, a great place to meet!See address & details
Roman Column, 11 Minster Yard, York YO1 7HH, UK
Returns to original departure point
- Private guide
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - York Minster
- Entry/Admission - Barley Hall
- Entry/Admission - Jorvik Viking Centre
- Entry/Admission - Clifford's Tower
- Entry/Admission - York Castle Museum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: York City Walls
It is truly amazing that the walls are as intact as they are considering their age. Unfortunately we found no wheel…
Almost Complete Circular Walk Around the City
No other buildings in York city centre are very tall and so there are fantastic views of York Minster from virtuall…
When the weathers on your side,walking around the walls is a way of spending a wonderful couple of hours. You can g…
Great walk to do to see around the city
Due to COVID-19, they have made this a one way system and made sense to do so, even though some.people clearly didn…
loved this walk - great way to see the city. It could have done with better signposts, but it was easy and interest…
John was an excellent guide. Knew a lot of interesting facts about York and it’s history. My 12 yo loved it
A must do when you come to York!
This is a most do tour if you are coming to York. We booked the tour on Halloween but it is definitely something y…
Walk along wall
We walked most of the wall in wet weather. Some of wall has railing but some doesn't. There is a one way system and…
We loved this fantastic walk around York. There are very informative information boards along each section at ever…
Because of Covid one way only. Nice walk and views over Minster, city and the River. A good sense of History
Great place for a walk on a sunny autumn morning
We spent a few hours walking the walls. It's a great way to see the city and get your bearings before heading into…
Really well preserved.
Quite a walk to tour the old city but well worth it - a cheap and really interesting day out. There are stairs and …
Excellent historical experience
Fabulous wall walk takes you around the city and offers views of all aspects of history from different periods, inc…
Step back in time...
Lovely to take in different views of York and have a peaceful wander. With Covid everyone is going clockwise to hel…
We had a lovely walk round the city walls, definitely worth doing. You can visit sights like the Clifford tower on …
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Popular: Booked by 1,053 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 980 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private York Christmas Walking Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Private York Christmas Walking Tour?
How much is Private York Christmas Walking Tour?
Private York Christmas Walking Tour price starts from £55.93. Discover and book Private York Christmas Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Private York Christmas Walking Tour cancellation policy?
Private York Christmas Walking Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private York Christmas Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Private York Christmas Walking Tour?
Private York Christmas Walking Tour is hosted by York City Walls. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact York City Walls on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private York Christmas Walking Tour on Tripadvisor