Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price Guarantee
Eat your way around Leeds’ street food scene devouring everything from Bao buns to burgers; falafel to curry. You'll visit six street food vendors, with food included at every stop, along with two alcoholic drinks - including a 'pour your own' beer stop! You can expect: - Street food from all over the world, enjoyed in cosy indoor settings - Visits to two street food 'hubs' for multiple tastings - Local beer - including a 'pour your own' stop - An insight into the venues, their stories and their values - Some street food history - including what steamed buns and severed heads have in common and why Robert the Chestnut Seller was arrested whilst selling street food in Leeds in the 1940s.
- You'll start atThe QueensCity Square, Leeds LS1 1PJ, UKApproaching the Queen's Hotel from the main train station entrance (M&S side, NOT car park side), you will see us immediately as you arrive at the hotel.See address & details
- 1Leeds City CentreStop: 4 hoursFeast on the best street food in Leeds! You'll visit two of Leeds' street food hubs for multiple tastings inspired by cuisines from all over the world, and visit a few smaller venues in between - you definitely won't be going hungry! Drinks will be included at two of the venues, and tap water available throughout. You'll hear the unique stories behind the places we visit, learn about the food we're eating (including why one of the dishes we eat is translated to 'barbarian's head') and learn about how the consumption of street food has developed through past to present in Leeds and the rest of the world.Read more
- You'll end atAssembly Underground12 Great George St, Leeds LS1 3AL, UKSee address & details
The Queens, City Square, Leeds LS1 1PJ, UK
Assembly Underground, 12 Great George St, Leeds LS1 3AL, UK
- Food is included at all seven stops on the tour
- Alcoholic beverages are included at 2-3 venues
- Bottled water - Tap water is available but bottled water will be at an additional cost
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Having experienced the local Leeds tour, Nell, the guide, had mentioned she had several other ideas up her sleeve including a 'Street Food' tour. Given the local tour ticked so many boxes, I thought I'd give this one a go and I'm glad I did. Leeds has a thriving street food…
Date of experience: March 2020
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Leeds Food Tours
Discover the best eats of Leeds through the lens of a local, considering booking- I would!!
Local Leeds food tour is a great afternoon. Nell has crafted a fab tour. It was a relaxed and friendly tour, it fe…
Fab way to lose yourself in Leeds! Fully recommended!!
We received a "Local Food Tour of Leeds" as a Christmas gift from my sister but had not yet got around to booking. …
Great fun. Nell is a great host - enables you to get a real feel for the history of Leeds/Yorkshire. Loved the food…
Great food and so much fun!
I’m local and I eat mostly vegan but I’m a creature of habit, I eat the same meals at the same places and it was ti…
Excellent food and friendly guide
We had the pleasure of being the first people to go on the Leeds Vegan Food Tour, and we certainly will not be the …
Leeds Hard To Beat For Meat-Free Treats
There's so much choice in this city and so little time to do it all. When will someone come along to do the hard wo…
Excellent afternoon of eating, drinking and exploring Leeds
I attended the local Leeds good tour with my colleagues. Our guide was friendly, knowledgeable and easy to be aroun…
Fun, tasty and interesting way to explore Leeds
I was bought the tour as a Christmas present and didn’t really know what to expect so was a little apprehensive whe…
Fantastic guide, wonderful food!
I booked the Leeds Food Tour whilst planning a weekend away in Leeds. Ellen is an excellent host, very friendly, en…
So much fun, delicious indie food and really interesting too
My friend and I had such a lovely time on Nell's tour and not only did we enjoy all the food, we found it really in…
Fabulous food, tour and host
Having lived in Leeds for 10 years I thought I'd seen it all, but Ellen's food tour really proved me wrong! The ran…
Fabulous day of food and fun
I had never been on a food tour before. So, it was a spontaneous idea to join the second offering of Leeds Food Tou…
Excellent Tour With A Fabulous Host
Whether you're a visitor/new to Leeds or are Leeds born & bred - this is an absolute must-do! Such a different day …
A fantastic foodie feast
Just when you think you know a place, someone comes and pulls the rug from under your feet! Leeds Food Tours is an…
A Hidden Gem - excellent value for money
Thoroughly enjoyed Ellen's Leeds Food Tour. Excellent array of food, with the highlight being the market. She is li…
- Duration: 3–5 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Leeds Food Tours: Leeds Street Food
- Leeds Food Tours: Leeds Street Food will start at 6:00 PM. Discover and book Leeds Food Tours: Leeds Street Food on Tripadvisor
- Leeds Food Tours: Leeds Street Food price starts from £70.00. Discover and book Leeds Food Tours: Leeds Street Food on Tripadvisor
- Leeds Food Tours: Leeds Street Food cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Leeds Food Tours: Leeds Street Food on Tripadvisor
- Leeds Food Tours: Leeds Street Food is hosted by Leeds Food Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Leeds Food Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Leeds Food Tours: Leeds Street Food on Tripadvisor