Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 6)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Ireland is the land of saints and scholars. A nation that holds artists in particular veneration. We have four Nobel Prize winners in literature and hundreds of other gifted authors. At the head of this pantheon of greats, head and shoulders above any contemporary sits William Butler Yeats. If any one figure could be said to have recreated a nation, it would be Yeats. The very images most people think of when they imagine Ireland, originated in the pages of his poetry. On this tour we will journey from noisy Dublin to the spiritual home of Yeats, Sligo. We will visit his childhood home at Lisadell House, the Lake Isle of Innisfree, the countryside around Benbulben and his grave at Drumcliffe cemetery. Along the way we will read the poetry of the bard together, enjoy a lunch in Sligo town and watch a documentary about his life. Once we return to Dublin, we will finish the day by the Abbey Theatre, our national theatre, founded by Yeats in 1904.
- You'll start atNational Library of IrelandOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Lissadell HouseStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Yeats Memorial BuildingStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Yeats's GraveStop: 39 minutesSee details
- 4Glencar WaterfallStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5Abbey TheatreStop: 15 minutesSee details
- You'll end atNational Library of Ireland7-8 Kildare St, Dublin 2, D02 P638, IrelandI will be standing beside the photo of William Butler YeatsSee address & details
National Library of Ireland, 7-8 Kildare St, Dublin 2, D02 P638, Ireland
Returns to original departure point
- Return train tickets to Sligo.
- A cruise of Lough Gill.
- Tickets to the Yeats Memorial Building and Lissadell House Museum
- A private vehicle and driver that will drive us around Yeats' Sligo.
- Entry/Admission - Lissadell House
- Entry/Admission - Yeats Memorial Building
- Entry/Admission - Lough Gill
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Dublin Tales Tours
Workhouse tour very well done
This was very well done and very informative. Tracing the story of the brothers and doctors who were at the workho…
Very educational if you want to understand Irish independence
Mick was knowledgeable, energetic, and had a sense of humor. Appropriate for teenagers and up. Left with a much, …
Problem with initial request but it was remedied with a quick partial refund and handled well!
The guide was professional and knowledgeable as well as very nice. We enjoyed our time with him and learned much a…
This tour exceeded any expectations we had. Our tour guide Erin was a master at getting us engaged and to as many …
A Terrible Beauty is a Must
As a student of Irish History, I could not resist this tour - the title caught my attention as it referenced Yeats …
- Duration: 12h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 10,543 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 17,899 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 3,776 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Discover W.B.Yeats Country Day Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Discover W.B.Yeats Country Day Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Discover W.B.Yeats Country Day Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Discover W.B.Yeats Country Day Tour?
Discover W.B.Yeats Country Day Tour price starts from £477.09. Discover and book Discover W.B.Yeats Country Day Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Discover W.B.Yeats Country Day Tour cancellation policy?
Discover W.B.Yeats Country Day Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Discover W.B.Yeats Country Day Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Discover W.B.Yeats Country Day Tour?
Discover W.B.Yeats Country Day Tour is hosted by Dublin Tales Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Dublin Tales Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Discover W.B.Yeats Country Day Tour on Tripadvisor