This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Giverny, Giverny, Eure, Haute-Normandie, Normandy
An Exclusive Experience to discover one of the most beautiful garden in France. An incredible place, rich of inspirations for the artist, Claude Monet.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Fondation Claude Monet, 84 Rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
Once you meet your guide, you'll be taken to Giverny where you will walk in the footsteps of Claude Monet.
Discover the secrets of one of the founders of Impressionism, Claude Monet. Leader of the artistic movement of the 19th century, he introduced more perception, emotion and light into art of his age. He spent almost 40 years developing his Giverny property. Immerse yourself in the daily life of the artist surrounded by his eight children: the reading room, the grocery store, room, office, dining room, and kitchen. Plus admire his collection of Japanese prints.
In the area by his home, you'll also see a large workshop which was the place where Monet painted his famous paintings of water lilies. Continue exploring the grounds to see the lavish garden with thousands of colors, which now boasts Japanese cherry trees, nasturtium parterre of tulips, and roses. Stroll through the romantic water garden, where you can find the Japanese bridge, the wisteria, the famous lily pond, weeping willows, and irises.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TOUR :
- See one of the most iconic site in Normandy: Giverny for its beauty that inspired Claude Monet’s paintings
- Learn from a local professional guide : Being experts in their areas of history studied and very passionate story tellers makes our guides real assets.
- Skip-the-Line access: Direct access to the gardens.
- Monet’s Home: Visit the painter's house, the yellow dining room, his first workshop and the kitchen are especially memorable.
- The Flower Garden: At any time, find the flower landscapes dear to the impressionist master.
- The Water Garden: Main subject of painting at the end of his life, Monet liked to spend time there and observe the variations of light and the reflections of his garden on the pond, famous for water lilies..
- The Japanese Bridge: See the famous little green bridge crossing his pond with your own eyes.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Clos Normand - Fondation Claude Monet, 84 rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
The artist gardener sought to transform a simple orchard into magnificent colorful garden: Japanese cherry trees, flowerbeds of nasturtiums, tulips and roses, an explosion of colors for each season.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Musee Marmottan Monet, 2 rue Louis Boilly 16th Arrondissement, 75016 Paris France
The largest collection of Monet paintings in the world : 94 paintings, 29 drawings including the famous Water Lillies, Impression Sunrise
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes