This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Maria Ramersdorf Kirche, Ramersdorfer Str. 6, 81669 Munich, Bavaria Germany
At 8:30 AM you will be picked up punctual at your hotel or address in Munich.
From now on it means for you:
• Look forward to a journey exclusively for your group in our comfortable new Volkswagen Minivan.
• But above all, look forward to your well trained guide Stefan with more than 20 years of professional experience. He will provide everything worth knowing information about all the sights, the country and especially about King Ludwig II., the builder of Herrenchiemsee and Linderhof palace.
• Have all organizational work done, for example the booking of the tickets, furthermore the selection of varied (and jam proofed) routes, (Foto)stops at historic and scenic highlights (and toilets)
and obtain valuable insider tips how to make the most of your time at the castles visits.
• Besides the Kings castles get to know also some of the best sections of the very scenic route "Deutsche Alpenstrasse" - German Alpine Road.
• Prolong this trip for 2 more hours: Time enough to enjoy some sights longer or to see something new, for example the romantic island "Fraueninsel" or take a custom-made bicycle trip.
Stop At: Schloss Herrenchiemsee, 83209, Herreninsel, Bavaria Germany
After we passed an old pilgrim Church on the outskirts of Munich we will reach after an 1 hours scenic drive along the Bavarian alps the largest lake of Bavaria. There we board on a ferry boat to the island “Herreninsel”.
It takes 20 minutes to walk from the pier to Herrenchiemsee castle or enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride (one way 3.50 € per adult / 1.00 € children between 5-14 years).
Herrenchiemsee Palace is an almost exact replica of Versailles, the residence of the French king Louis XIV.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Fraueninsel Chiemsee, Frauenchiemsee (Insel), 83256 Chiemsee, Germany
If you've booked the 11 hours tour, we take the next ferry to Fraueninsel, an tiny car-free island with a population of 450 people, a more than 1,000 years old monastery, great views, an own micro-brewery and fresh fish sold directly from the fishermen.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Augustiner-Chorherrenstift Herrenchiemsee (Altes Schloss), Herrenchiemsee, 83209, Herreninsel, Bavaria Germany
If you've booked the 9 hours tour, we are heading directly towards the mountains, on the way there are excellent places for lunch. Or you can eat fresh fish meals (and more) at the Herreninsel-monastery restaurant with nice views on the lake.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Blombergbahn Bad Tolz, Am Blomberg 2, 83646, Wackersberg, Bavaria Germany
After leaving lake Chiemsee you'll reach after a less than an hours drive the charming Spa Town Bad Tölz, at Isar river. Once it provided Munich with lumber and beer.
Stroll through the historic main road (pedestrian Zone) or take some rides on the nearby summer toboggan run (6.00 €/ride).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Schloss Linderhof, Linderhof 12, 82488 Ettal, Bavaria Germany
45 minutes later we reach Linderhof palace, King Ludwig's smallest but most intimate castle located in a lonely Alpine valley with breathtaking french baroque design and famous Bavarian trick paintings. (Entrance fee 8.50 € per adult)
Unfortunately, the Venus Grotto is completely closed for many years because of restoration work, but a small replica can be seen near the parking spot.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Passionstheater, Passionswiese 1, 82487 Oberammergau, Germany
Shortly after visiting Linderhof we reach Oberammergau, where your guide can give you a 15 min. tour, especially for explaining the famous wallpaintings and the Passion play theatre. Little shops offer local souvenirs. The regional speciality are wood carvings.
If you want to see (and understand) another baroque masterpiece concerning church decorations, inserted in a 12-page domed room from the 14th century, you should follow your guide in the Ettal Benedictine monastery, just 5 minutes’ drive away from Oberammergau.
From there it will take another hour back to Munich and your guide brings you safe through the rushhour back to your hotel or your address in Munich.
Duration: 20 minutes