Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll start atMarienplatzMarienplatz, München, Germany10:30 amSee address & details
- 1MarienplatzStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedLearn about Mary's Column, that gave its name to the square; the Old- and New Town hall, and the famous “Glockenspiel” (clock tower). With its 43 bells and 32 figures, the Clock Tower is one of the most well known Munich attractions. Listen to your guide’s story about two historical events performed by the wooden figurines at fixed hours.Within a step away, you will reach the oldest catholic church of the city, St. Peter. Afterwards make sure to get a good view of the double towers of the cathedral Frauenkirche, the largest church in Munich, with the “footprint of the devil” and with a dark legend surrounding it. Follow your guide to Odeonsplatz, learn about the Beer-Hall- Putsch and listen to the story of a tumultuous night when two thousand men, lead by Adolf Hitler, marched to the centre of Munich trying to seize power. Pass by the baroque Theatine Church, built by the Elector of Bavaria, Ferdinand Maria and his wife as a thank you gesture for the birth of the long-awaited heir to the Bavarian crown, Prince Max Emanuel. You’ll also see Ludwigstrasse, a neo-classical styled street, where the State Library, the oldest university of Munich and the Gate of Victory are located. Go back towards the center to Max-Joseph- Square, enjoy the view of the Opera, the National Theater, and the Royal Palace, the Residence, the former palace of the Bavarian monarchs and the largest palace in all of Germany. Arrive at the royal brewery, the Hofbrauhaus established in 1589 and considered to be the mothership of all beer halls in the world. Visit Viktualienmarkt, a public food market, which offers fresh local products.Read more
- You'll end atMarienplatzMarienplatz, München, Germany10:30 amSee address & details
Marienplatz, München, Germany
Returns to original departure point
- Public guided Tour
- Entry/Admission - Marienplatz
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This walk tour suitable for any age
- For this walk tour no transportation needed
- Activity Level: Easy
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 1 more review on Viator
Dorothea was very knowledgeable and took us to some great places. You have to see the surfers at the English Garden!
Date of experience: July 2019
Response from Siavash S, Manager at Munich Public Walking Tour
Responded 20 Jul 2019
Dear Mary T, We are happy you enjoyed the tour. Thanks for your feedback.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Global Guide Services
Dear GGS-Team thanks for a great guide in Vienna!
We were a group of 9 in Vienna and needed a Russian-speaking guide for a city tour. Booking procedure was quick and…
BEST Tour Guide EVER!
Our guide, Stefanie A, was the BEST walking tour guide I've EVER had. She is classy, well-spoken and eloquent and a…
We are a group of 13 (12 students and 1 instructor) from a Texas community college and used Ggs for private transfe…
This was a very personal tour with a private tour guide and the two of us. Timing was right on target! The tour gui…
Private walks in a city.
Here in Silver Tray - Bespoke European Rail Journeys we sell train vacations including trains, hotels, transfers an…
We always like walking tours and this was no exception. Alla was a great guide; patient and informative. We loved o…
A hidden gem
Bamberg is.one of the best kept secrets in Germany. It is not hard to find a little or big surprise around every co…
In Germany, for business trip or family journay I had the opportunity to visit many city. I suggest you to go in Co…
I’ve had the pleasure of organizing several tours with GGS and I’ve never been disappointed. Sergie (my last guide)…
Augsburg Morning walk
This was a great morning stroll from my hotel through the artisan community and to the old city. The tour guide was…
Guide was knowledgeable and pleasant. He walked all the highlights with us and answered questions. Very pleasant pe…
Wear your walking shoes
We enjoyed our Tour guide. We got an inside tour of there wonderful artifacts. He shared intersesting stories, and…
We have been working with GGS - Siavash for the past 2 years now, availing guides, assistance and even transport at…
WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH GGS
We worked with GGS for few of our tours, but we are already impressed with the swift and good service they have pro…
3 Hour walking tour of Munich
My husband and I had a 3 hour walking tour with Siavash in Munich. It was a fantastic tour. Informative at a rela…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, German
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 22,367 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 6,343 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,007 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 18,966 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Munich Public Walking Tour
What time does Munich Public Walking Tour start?
Munich Public Walking Tour will start at 10:30 AM. Discover and book Munich Public Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Munich Public Walking Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Munich Public Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Munich Public Walking Tour?
Munich Public Walking Tour price starts from £28.13. Discover and book Munich Public Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Munich Public Walking Tour cancellation policy?
Munich Public Walking Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Munich Public Walking Tour on Tripadvisor